Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do People Hate Floyd for Running, But Love Muhammad Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
    What has that got to do with running tho?

The bias is real
    My bad, didn't know I had to break it down to people like a 3 year old. If u have charisma u can b a "runner" and still b loved as a fighter. If u don't have charisma and ur a "runner" it's gonna be really hard for people to like u.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhlash View Post
      Hahahahahaha rofl the more you reply the more you expose yourself as a ****** to people who really know boxing.

Mitch Green was a tomato can.

Mike beat nobody. He fought a bunch of bums early, they were nothing.

Let me hear who he fought that was great, early on. Lorenzo Boyd? Donnie Long?

You claiming he beat everyone who was there means nothing. If the division back then was a bunch of nobodies, and it was, then he beat nobody.

Buster Douglas knocked him out in his prime (and for the official record, Douglas did beat him).

The two best guys he fought in his career, he lost to.

What then, is the real significance here?

The point, there is no historical evidence which suggests Tyson was anywhere even close to Ali. Be it in terms of skills, or quality of opposition. Conversely, there is every evidence that Ali was far, far superior to Mike.

In other words, you DKSAB.
      How many Amateur or Pro fights you got? How many world champions you been in there with? How long have you watched boxing?

Comment

I don't think Ali has ever been accused of pot shotting. He threw jabs to hurt, not just to touch like Floyd.
        Ali predicted what round he'd ko you and did it. Floyd predicts ko and holds all night?
        Didn't floyd say he'd ko PAC? Can you honestly say Floyd look like he tried to?

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          They both have the clownish style but the difference being is that Ali would actually fight his opponents from time to time. Mayweather, on the other hand, never wanted to fight, he was always too defensive, leaning away from the fight and shelling up on the back foot and that's what ticked people off. Doesn't have anything to do with hate, that **** just got boring after a while.

And Rigo is another one with those safety first, clown tactics. Rigo's probably worse than what Mayweather used to do. I literally feel asleep halfway through the Donaire fight and haven't bothered to watch Rigo ever since. People don't want to see that.
          So Mayweather didn't "fight" from time to time? Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, Phillip Ndou, DeMarcus Corley, Arturo Gatti, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto and the first Maidana fight were all times when he attacked these guys and all those fights were very entertaining. Bottom line is - People like Ali more because of nostalgia. People hated this man with a passion when he was at the top, then all of a sudden once he retired they all ended up on his nuts like they were fans from the get-go. Expect the exact same thing to happen with Money Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
            My bad, didn't know I had to break it down to people like a 3 year old. If u have charisma u can b a "runner" and still b loved as a fighter. If u don't have charisma and ur a "runner" it's gonna be really hard for people to like u.
            I get that.

My point is that they use RUNNER in s negative context as If running is the reason they hate him. Why not be real and just admit that they hate him as a person and that makes them biased against his fighting style??

Comment

[QUOTE=JrRod;17958145]Floyd doesn't run, he moves. Big difference.[/QUOTE

I agree, but I'm addressing the criticism he gets constantly

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Ali got a ton of criticism when he first started... Maybe worse...
              I'm talking about people today, not the '60s, when Ali was more hated for his political views

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Not a fcuking chance does the best HW in HISTORY lose to Doug Motherfcuking Jones.

Tyson eats Cassius alive in 6 rounds.

Cassius/Ali won fixed fights, can the same be said for Tyson?

Insert Tyson instead of Cooper here and Cassius sleeps into the night!

Every time Shavers hit Ali it looked like he was getting stabbed. How the hell does Ali get the win? FIXED, thats how.
              I gotta disagree with you there.

Tyson's my guy, but he lost to Lennox Lewis my dude. Ali was too fast and too mentally strong for Tyson

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
              This is a good question, Ali gets so much praise for his flashy footwork and showboating but fighters like Floyd, Lara, Rigo all get bashed for the same exact thing. Ive always wanted to know this.

Ali literally at times would just evade most of the round barely throwing anything .
              That's what I'm sayin'.

Originally posted by New England View Post
              ali got a ton of crap earlyin his career. he shut everybody up by predicting a lot of his knockouts by he round.

there's also that whole, you know, toughest resume ever thing. which kinda matters

foreman in his prime
              frazier in ihis prime and 2x more
              norton prime and 3x. fought with a broken jaw.
              holmes prime. fought when he should have been long retired
              vicious, all time punchers ronnie lyle and earnie shavers
              liston 2x
              aged greats, basically every contender out there, one after the other after the other after the other, with a layoff in the middle of his career becasue he wouldn't go to f#cking vietnam, a crazy war we had no business in fighting.

yeah, why don't people hate muhammad ali?
              I'm only talking about the RUNNING criticism.

I already know Ali fought everybody and beat most of them.

I already know he's the GOAT heavyweight and even put that in my original post.

I'm specifically talking about STYLES.

Dudes give Floyd **** for not standing in the middle of the ring and fighting like he's Francisco Vargas or somebody, but then love Muhammad Ali, who was a mobile fighter who didn't throw body punches and evaded shots a lot

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Said if before and I'll say it again: people hate Floyd because his story had no arc. Ali was 'humbled' (defeated) and had to rise again, which won some fans over and started him down the path of eventually becoming a beloved figure by fans. Same for Lewis, and any other bad boy/villain/heel persona in boxing. When someone wins nonstop in any sport, the fans react negatively because they feel that there must be some anti-competitive reason behind their constant winnings.

Floyd was never taken down a peg, and the fans are forever going to hate him for it.
              Now, THIS is a GREAT point.

This is why I think Mike Tyson is beloved now too, because when I was a kid, dude was seen as a monster, but he's been embarrassed on the highest stages and lost all of his money and went to prison, so people can like him now.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              You got a small brain.

Ali unlike floyd fought the monster chased them, fought them sll over the world, has nothing to do with style, ali fought foreman in foremans prime, when foreman was a monster, ali was older and said give me that guy ill whoop him i want the biggest baddest scariest guys ill fight them in africa, asia, your moms backyard.

That would be like floyd chasing margarito, pacquiao, ggg and all the scary guys when fans said they wanted it. Ali was the top dog but he did the chasing he wanted challenges

Ali wanted to fight guys at their scariest be cause ali wanted to prove he was the best, floyd openly says i fight guys at the right time for my health.
              We're not talking about opponents, who we all agree that Ali got Floyd on.

We're talking about the "running" criticism who say that Floyd should stand in the ring and "fight like a man"

Comment

Mayweather has never ran in the ring.....

Comment

this is running in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    How many Amateur or Pro fights you got? How many world champions you been in there with? How long have you watched boxing?
                    I've trained in a boxing gym since I was 10. No amateur or pro bouts besides sparring. Watched boxing my whole life, learned it's history.

What does this have to do with the fact that YDKSAB and made a completely ridiculous argument?

Please tell me. I just want facts based on logic.

What evidence is there, historical or otherwise, that Tyson would have ended Ali in 6?

LMFAO I can't wait to hear this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      LOL Ali knocked people out, or cut them to shreds. Floyd hasn't KO'd anyone since he starched Hatton in 2007.
                      And only two since Sharma Mitchell in 2005.
                      LMFAO.....Ali had 37 kos in 61 fights meaning 23 went the distance since he himself was stopped in 1 fight....Floyd has 26 ko's in 49 fights meaning 23 went the distance..**** are you talking about? the best bet on both were betting on the distance

Comment

Working...
                      X