No announcement yet.

Honestly, Eddie Hearn is doing what PBC should have from the jump

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, Eddie Hearn is doing what PBC should have from the jump

I said at the beginning that PBC would have been great had it been in an app with a monthly fee of 5 to 10 dollars giving us all the fights they have shown on showtime, Fox, CBS, etc....they wasted all that money the first few years with time buys and the ratings weren't fantastic and showtime never has good ratings

They have so many fighters to stick in limited time slots that guys are crying for fights on social media most the time.

Could have built up a nice userbase over the last few years and maybe built a star or 2 instead of having their guys stuck in neutral forever.

Really, that's what he should have done?

Their original plan was to put boxing back on free network TV and they accomplished that with shows on NBC, CBS, Fox and Bounce. Yeah they still had cards on SHO, Spike and NBC Sports but for the most part they did what they said they would.

Charging $5 or $10 would have changed everything. Unless you mean their own seperate playform like WWE Network or UFC Fight Pass to go along with everything they were doing.

Comment

PBC had the right idea putting boxing on network TV. The execution of building up fighters and future fights is what they sucked at imo.

Comment

i would prefer to pay $10a/m for competitive cards than free, mostly pro v joe cards

Comment

...NO not in the USA! Boxing is not Popular enough in the US to build up a APP of its own and hardcore boxing fans a lot of us are ALL TALK and don't even support the sport financially but have all these damn demands. "Boxing Need To Do This, Boxing Need To Do That" but come fight night guys are asking for Links

Lets see if it works first, right now fighters are fighting in front of a much smaller Audience compared to being on Network and even Premium TV since the APP is just a month old so lets waiting a few years and see how things grow. Canelo fans will tune in for CANELO, not the rest of it

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
            i would prefer to pay $10a/m for competitive cards than free, mostly pro v joe cards
            Me too. Either they do it completely free or paid for everything because when they have a free event I'm thinking, "this card wasn't good enough for them to charge for".

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
              Yesterday's card was garbage. I stopped watching. Same for Hearn last card. Only competitive fight was between 2 c class fighters in Vardas N Dulorme

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Yesterday's card was garbage. I stopped watching. Same for Hearn last card. Only competitive fight was between 2 c class fighters in Vardas N Dulorme
                Have you forgotten it was gonna be Saunders vs Andrade? Another last minute replacement fight and you're complaining about it lol

Comment

He tried to do something better but jealousy from other promoters stopped that. All of the racist fans never supported him and called him every name in the book even though he never did an interview. Oscar Arum WBO etc made him spend money on frivolous lawsuits and that kind of slowed down PBC (which was their plan). Now Hearn is saying fighters will have to sign with DAZN just to fight a fighter signed with DAZN and know him and Oscar are poaching fighters under contract on twitter. Just imagine if Haymon did that. The crybabies would be running to the courthouse

Comment

THe Fox app is free

Comment

Working...
                    X