No announcement yet.

Honestly, Eddie Hearn is doing what PBC should have from the jump

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Well they have that now. PBC will have a has a monthly show on Fox, FS1 and Showtime each starting in December. The Fox shows look to be the 3rd Saturday of each month.

Dec 22 Barclays
    Jan 19 MGM
    Feb 16 MGM
    Mar 16 MGM

No word on when the SHO and FS1 dates will be.
    I'm glad. Hope they're successful shows and all the other apps out there espn+ dazn and others do the same.

It's always been my opinion that of all the problems boxing has inactivity of fighters has been what hurts the sport the most.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      I'm glad. Hope they're successful shows and all the other apps out there espn+ dazn and others do the same.

It's always been my opinion that of all the problems boxing has inactivity of fighters has been what hurts the sport the most.
      It's not inactivity that hurts them it's promotion. Example, why aren't features done about boxers on ESPN and FS1? Only time they get features are on fight week.

ESPN talk about NFL and NBA and MLB players all year round. Even in their offseason. When a boxer is not fighting that's their offseason. So why isn't there segments on what Errol Spence is up to now, what Andre Ward has been doin since retirement ect? We know when LeBron James farts or what he ate which gave him gas so why can't boxing get something like that in Sportscenter. NFL Gameday comes on every day even in the offseason (maybe once a week but still.)
      Show boxing some love.

Comment

The new PBC deals to take effect until Dec (or really January.) Once Dec rolls around things will be up and running. There is a minimum of at least 3 cards per month starting in Dec (and some months may havr more with PPV and Bounce cards scattered in.) So yeah, Tevin and other like Big Baby may have another fight on the horizon (which is a good thing.)

I think Haymon and PBC will be fine once the December hits. They'll be up and running and the inactivity label that some boxers have gained "should" be out the door. If Tank and Spence and the Charlo's aren't fighting 2-3 timea a year by the end of 2019 than we will know that them getting dates wasn't the problem.
        I mean okay, but we've seen the PBC game for like 3.5yrs now right? What makes anyone think PBC is gonna learn? I think it took them a year to figure out they should put guys in fights where they are from vs putting Florida guys in fights in California.

I'd love for you to be right, but I think PBC is hard headed in their operation of this product & keep trying to put square pegs in round holes.

PBC needs to do some basic ground level sh^t if they are gonna be the king of boxing moving forward. They need a public facing mouthpiece for PBC. If thats a guy who's talking to Elie, Nes &/or Mannix & all the boxing media guys out there as he's driving his car to get some taco bell for lunch or if thats some suit wearing official mfer who's sole job is to steer the PBC narrative & to get the PBC fighters & events stories out in the media on a daily or weekly basis or if there is just some Fox/Showtime show or podcast or Youtube show or something public facing where there is a narrative being steered with what the f#ck is going on with PBC guys.

They also need to quit this sh^t with guys being on the sidelines after fights for so long. I was b^tching & moaning in another thread about one of my favorite fighters, Errol Spence, STILL being on the sidelines after a 1 rd KO in June. He's not fought, he doesn't got a fight schedule. His rumored dates have already been pushed back a couple months. And this isn't a new thing. Spence has already had a couple layoffs of over 6 months in recent years for no damn reason. He's healthy, he's not cut, he's not taken a lot of damage, he seems ready & willing to fight yet no f#cking fight. PBC needs to play the game everyone else is playing with this. Canelo beat GGG & was talking about a fight in Dec. the same week. Farmer won last night & he's allegedly going to be on that same card with Canelo. Joshua had his Apr. date booked before his Sept. fight took place. Loma had an injury but before he was even fully cleared of his injury in the media there was talk of a Dec. fight. Bud just won a week or w/e a go & he's got a rumored Apr./May date. This is how mfers operate in this sphere & it gives you double the news in the media cuz people are talking about your fight, people are talking about your announced fight & then people are talking about that fight as we get within the 4-6 week period of the fight happening. PBC guys just get a fight announced 4-6 weeks before it happens & their names aren't in the media as much & when their names are showing up its cuz fans are asking why they aren't fighting which while a narrative is a negative narrative for boxers.

And lastly they need to bite the f#cking bullet & make more of their top guys fight. This undefeated bs or the damage of taking an L to another top guy is so overrated & the promoters are the ones who still think fans want undefeated over good f#cking fights & are the bigger problems with that. Promoters stuck in 1985 or some sh^t. But anyway PBC has 147 & 154 on lock & they need to have those guys fight each other. 147 could've had a clear #1 guy reigning in that division by now. And 154 just recently had guys start fighting each other when there was no reason to sit on those guys from the get go. You coulda made Hurd or Charlo a much bigger name by now & had 154 decided as to who's running that division. And there are plenty of other examples of top guys in the same division who shoulda fought by now & we should already have new fights in those divisions we wanna see.

/rant, but I believe a lot of solid compliments of the holes in what PBC is attempting to do or at least things they could be doing that would benefit their product.

Comment

Lol... "I wish they would have charged me money for the past 3 years because I don't like watching boxing for free."

I think PBC has been underwhelming in their delivery but being on TV isn't a problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I mean okay, but we've seen the PBC game for like 3.5yrs now right? What makes anyone think PBC is gonna learn? I think it took them a year to figure out they should put guys in fights where they are from vs putting Florida guys in fights in California.

I'd love for you to be right, but I think PBC is hard headed in their operation of this product & keep trying to put square pegs in round holes.

PBC needs to do some basic ground level sh^t if they are gonna be the king of boxing moving forward. They need a public facing mouthpiece for PBC. If thats a guy who's talking to Elie, Nes &/or Mannix & all the boxing media guys out there as he's driving his car to get some taco bell for lunch or if thats some suit wearing official mfer who's sole job is to steer the PBC narrative & to get the PBC fighters & events stories out in the media on a daily or weekly basis or if there is just some Fox/Showtime show or podcast or Youtube show or something public facing where there is a narrative being steered with what the f#ck is going on with PBC guys.

They also need to quit this sh^t with guys being on the sidelines after fights for so long. I was b^tching & moaning in another thread about one of my favorite fighters, Errol Spence, STILL being on the sidelines after a 1 rd KO in June. He's not fought, he doesn't got a fight schedule. His rumored dates have already been pushed back a couple months. And this isn't a new thing. Spence has already had a couple layoffs of over 6 months in recent years for no damn reason. He's healthy, he's not cut, he's not taken a lot of damage, he seems ready & willing to fight yet no f#cking fight. PBC needs to play the game everyone else is playing with this. Canelo beat GGG & was talking about a fight in Dec. the same week. Farmer won last night & he's allegedly going to be on that same card with Canelo. Joshua had his Apr. date booked before his Sept. fight took place. Loma had an injury but before he was even fully cleared of his injury in the media there was talk of a Dec. fight. Bud just won a week or w/e a go & he's got a rumored Apr./May date. This is how mfers operate in this sphere & it gives you double the news in the media cuz people are talking about your fight, people are talking about your announced fight & then people are talking about that fight as we get within the 4-6 week period of the fight happening. PBC guys just get a fight announced 4-6 weeks before it happens & their names aren't in the media as much & when their names are showing up its cuz fans are asking why they aren't fighting which while a narrative is a negative narrative for boxers.

And lastly they need to bite the f#cking bullet & make more of their top guys fight. This undefeated bs or the damage of taking an L to another top guy is so overrated & the promoters are the ones who still think fans want undefeated over good f#cking fights & are the bigger problems with that. Promoters stuck in 1985 or some sh^t. But anyway PBC has 147 & 154 on lock & they need to have those guys fight each other. 147 could've had a clear #1 guy reigning in that division by now. And 154 just recently had guys start fighting each other when there was no reason to sit on those guys from the get go. You coulda made Hurd or Charlo a much bigger name by now & had 154 decided as to who's running that division. And there are plenty of other examples of top guys in the same division who shoulda fought by now & we should already have new fights in those divisions we wanna see.

/rant, but I believe a lot of solid compliments of the holes in what PBC is attempting to do or at least things they could be doing that would benefit their product.
            I think what PBC was trying to accomplish at first looks to be happenning. Especially with these new deals an extensions.

It took longer than they planned because of the various lawsuits they had to deal with I imagine.

But it seems to be coming into fruition now.

I mean, they seem to have a monthly schedule now that's supposedly supposed to be revealed any day now.

They never had a set schedule. SHO may do 2 fights back to back weekends in one months than go 2 months with nothing. Fox have a card in January than not another one until May.

But now starting in Dec, there is a cars every month on Fox, on FS1, on SHO.

They haven't had a (major) PBC card since Sep they also had a smaller FS1 card in Sep to. But nothing has been scheduled since the deals have been announced and when they were announced those press releases said when the deals kicled off. So I'm not surprised there hasn't been anything scheduled sense. All the cards happening in Dec were already in the works before the deals took place.

Now if once they get everything up and running and by end of 2019, Tank, Spence, Mikey, Charlo's, ect don't have 2-3 fights under their belt than that's a major problem. But with now with 40+ cards that will be in effect from Dec 1 2018 to the end of Dec 2019 that "shouldn't" be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Lol... "I wish they would have charged me money for the past 3 years because I don't like watching boxing for free."

I think PBC has been underwhelming in their delivery but being on TV isn't a problem for me.
              When's the last time you watched a good fight between quality opponents for free?

Comment

I think what PBC was trying to accomplish at first looks to be happenning. Especially with these new deals an extensions.

It took longer than they planned because of the various lawsuits they had to deal with I imagine.

I mean, they seem to have a monthly schedule now that's supposedly supposed to be revealed any day now.

They never had a set schedule. SHO may do 2 fights back to back weekends in one months than go 2 months with nothing. Fox have a card in January than not another one until May.

They haven't had a (major) PBC card since Sep they also had a smaller FS1 card in Sep to. But nothing has been scheduled since the deals have been announced and when they were announced those press releases said when the deals kicled off. So I'm not surprised there hasn't been anything scheduled sense. All the cards happening in Dec were already in the works before the deals took place.

Now if once they get everything up and running and by end of 2019, Tank, Spence, Mikey, Charlo's, ect don't have 2-3 fights under their belt than that's a major problem. But with now with 40+ cards that will be in effect from Dec 1 2018 to the end of Dec 2019 that "shouldn't" be a problem.
                Like I said on this thread everyones trying to use the UFC model of penciled in scheduling and fight rosters of guys knowing who they are fighting. this is what DAZN under Hearns blue print is actually doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  When's the last time you watched a good fight between quality opponents for free?
                  Last week.

Comment

If I had a dollar for every time a hater said PBC was "going outta business" or "dead" or a non-PBC hater was saying "everything is bout to be working" I'd be the Bill Gates of sh^ttalking on Boxing Forums.

I'll believe it when I see it. I love the PBC roster. I think Al Haymon is such a genuine good guy who cares about his fighters he might legit be a myth cuz surely no one like that can really exist lol. But I don't believe PBC has a clue in the world what boxing fans want or if they do they don't seem to have that high on their to do list & thats a problem for them catching fire & its why they've never really caught fire with fans despite the best roster in the game. It just shows you can have the best roster in the game, but if you don't make the fights it's not gonna have as much upside as it could.

I'll take the over on "any day now" lol.

Go look at 2015 & 2016. They had dates galore. And guys still were in limbo for too long. This isn't a dates thing. These guys are shuffling the deck with venues til the last minute or got something going on differently behind the scenes cuz these guys can't even control keeping their own fighters in the cycle enough.

And maybe thats simply because Haymon has 200 or however many guys. Maybe thats why Spence is 4 months from his last fight & still w/o a fight.

Again they had 40+ cards in 2015 & 2016 I'm almost positive (if it wasn't such a hassle to count them with all the different promoters I'd go look it up real quick). Idk about 2017 & 2018. I've followed the overall flow of the PBC product less in the last couple years. So fair play with this specific point in time between deals, but the problem is when they weren't between deals they weren't doing a whole lot that made sense & controlled the narrative so following the you can't teach an old dog new tricks theory I tend to believe nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      He tried to do something better but jealousy from other promoters stopped that. All of the racist fans never supported him and called him every name in the book even though he never did an interview. Oscar Arum WBO etc made him spend money on frivolous lawsuits and that kind of slowed down PBC (which was their plan). Now Hearn is saying fighters will have to sign with DAZN just to fight a fighter signed with DAZN and know him and Oscar are poaching fighters under contract on twitter. Just imagine if Haymon did that. The crybabies would be running to the courthouse
                      Can’t really argue with this

Comment

Working...
                      X