Collapse
No announcement yet.

It always happens in 3's. First Craig Mack. Then Stephen Hawkings. Now this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"3's" - no, that's just your confirmation bias.

Comment

The internet killed circuit city, toys r us, etc.
      the next casualties will be RadioShack and Best Buy.
      It’s hard for brick and mortars to compete.
      Eventually I think consumers will miss being able to go and see the product in stores

Comment

The Toys R Us at Times Square in Manhattan closed down like 2 years ago. It was fun going in there to buy WWF action figures.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          Radio Shack has been gone a few years now.

Eventually I think consumers will miss being able to go and see the product in stores
          I think that way too.

If that happens, malls and shopping centers will pop back up, while places like Amazon will be laying off. It's the free market in action.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Radio Shack has been gone a few years now.

I think that way too.

If that happens, malls and shopping centers will pop back up, while places like Amazon will be laying off. It's the free market in action.
            I think the mall and shopping centers like that will never go anywhere cause thats more of a experience aswell as a shopping thing.

Comment

Who the hell is Craig Mack?

Comment

some things can't be bought online, they have to be bought in person so we can make sure they fit. there will always be some kind of brick and mortar stores, there just will be less of them because running a business through the internet is literally thousands of dollars a month cheaper than selling out of a store. rent costs for a space in a shopping mall can run up to $10,000-$15,000 / month for prime locations, and i'm not including wages for employees, monthly utility costs, etc. it just doesn't make sense to pay these costs if there's a cheaper way of doing business

Comment

I'm a Gen X guy, and I remember going to Toys R Us alot. Mainly action figures and video games.

Back then you'd pay for the game at the registers, then you'd take a slip to the cage and they'd grab the game for you.

I don't remember their catalog, but I remember the Sears Christmas catalog very well.
                  Ah, I remember those slips! My parents bought me quite a few NES and SNES games there.

Comment

Back then you'd pay for the game at the registers, then you'd take a slip to the cage and they'd grab the game for you.
                    Yesss.... feels like yesterday.

Comment

R.I.P......

Comment

Working...
                      X