Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wins the 'Danny Williams Super Eight II' tournament?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins the 'Danny Williams Super Eight II' tournament?

Hello folks,

After the success of last years inaugural, 'Danny Williams Super Eight' fantasy Heavyweight tournament, the time has come for the second installment.

This year eight boxers in the world's top 25, coming off wins and with no upcoming fights scheduled, have been brought together. The quarter final contests were decided at random by picking numbers out of a proverbial hat.

Who wins? And who do they beat to get there?
    Dominic “Trouble” Breazeale, 18-1 (16 KO)
    14.29%
    Christian Hammer, 22-4 (12 KO)
    0.00%
    Adam Kownacki, 16-0 (13 KO)
    14.29%
    Prince” Charles Martin, 25-1-1 (23 KO)
    0.00%
    Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller, 19-0-1 (17 KO)
    28.57%
    King Kong” Luis Ortiz, 27-0 (23 KO)
    42.86%
    The Body Snatcher” Dillian Whyte, 21-1 (16 KO)
    0.00%
    Dragon King” Jun Long Zhang, 18-0 (18 KO)
    0.00%
    Last edited by W1LL; 08-20-2017, 10:43 AM.

what a horrible line up

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      what a horrible line up
      That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The reality is, the winner of last years tournament, Kubrat Pulev, is now on the verge of a title shot against THE man in the Heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The reality is, the winner of last years tournament, Kubrat Pulev, is now on the verge of a title shot against THE man in the Heavyweight division.
        Pulev has already fought for THE heavyweight championship. He doesn't need your ****ty tournaments chump.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Pulev has already fought for THE heavyweight championship. He doesn't need your ****ty tournaments chump.
          Okay kid, whatever makes you feel better. I hope you feel better for getting that off your chest. Now if you could kindly take your miserable, hate-filled, basement dwelling ass elsewhere, I'd appreciate it. We'll have some proper posters along shortly to discuss the chances of these contenders. I'd rather you not be around when they get here.

Comment

Sweet. I liked this last year. OK, let's see.
            Miller blasts out Hammer.
            Ortiz crushes Martin.
            Kownacki beats Zhang.
            ****, Breazeale/Whyte is a tough fight. I say both guys are hurt multiple times with Breazeale eventually stopping Whyte.

Then: Miller/Ortiz and Kownacki/Breazeale. Both good fights. I think Breazeale KO's Kownacki in another action fight. My god, that other fight is fire. Really hard to pick not knowing how much Ortiz has left in the tank. I think the winner of Ortiz/Miller KO's Breazeale, but man I don't know who to pick in that Semifinal. I lean Ortiz out boxing Miller and either winning a decision or stopping him late then going on to KO Breazeale.

Ortiz the champ imo. Lots of good fights in this years tourney

Comment

Miller beats Hammer
              Ortiz beats Martin
              Kownacki beats Zhang
              Breazeale beats Whyte

Miller beats Ortiz
              Kownacki beats Zhang

Kownacki beats Miller

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Ortiz the champ imo. Lots of good fights in this years tourney
                Yea there are a lot of good fights this time around. Luis Ortiz is for sure a favourite but you can't be sure as there's always upsets in these kinda tourneys!

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Kownacki beats Miller
                Now that is a bold prediction! Adam Kownacki winning the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Okay kid, whatever makes you feel better. I hope you feel better for getting that off your chest. Now if you could kindly take your miserable, hate-filled, basement dwelling ass elsewhere, I'd appreciate it. We'll have some proper posters along shortly to discuss the chances of these contenders. I'd rather you not be around when they get here.
                  Ok Betty, sorry I hurt your feelings. You carry on with your non existent "tournament".

I'll buy you a maxi pad if it goes well.

Comment

In my opinion:

1. Jarrell Miller beats Christian Hammer in a bruising affair which goes into the later rounds. Miller wins by TKO or RTD after the 8th.

2. Luis Ortiz mauls Charles Martin in about 4 or 5 rounds. Wouldn't be surprised if Martin has a few moments in the first couple of rounds before getting worked over.

3. Jun Long Zhang advances with a dominant stoppage win over Adam Kownacki in less than 3 rounds.

4. Dominic Breazeale takes a very close decision vitory over Dillian Whyte in a fight that sees both men hurt and possibly knocked down.

5. I'm gonna go with Luis Ortiz knocking out Jarrell Miller in about 6. Miller would try to steam through Ortiz but would get caught clean with big shots he couldn't recover from.

6. Dominic Breazeale gives it to Jun Long Zhang, winning wide on points or a late stoppage.

7. Dominic Breazeale takes the final on points in a very tactical, nip and tuck affair. There are a few edge of seat moments but eventually the last couple of rounds would be fought at a plodding pace.

The winner in my estimation... Dominic Breazeale!

Comment

Working...
                    X