Man arrested at L.A. Gay Pride Parade with 3 assault rifles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Except we do.

See : Sam Harris, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Bill Maher. Harris and Maher are two of the most influential voices within the liberal echo chamber, and they're adamantly outspoken against the religion of Islam.

Granted you're not going to reach 100% polarity on any issue within any major political party (see : conservatives on gay marriage), but to make a blanket statement like that is only disingenuous and self-serving.

As usual, the issue is much more complex than those who play partisan politics would have you believe.
    You said it yourself, you won't reach 100% polarity on any issue. My blanket statement was only made in response to the blanket statement in the OP. But I didn't see you call his statement disingenuous and self-serving, wonder why that is. Don't pretend you don't buy into partisan politics when you clearly do.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
      You said it yourself, you won't reach 100% polarity on any issue. My blanket statement was only made in response to the blanket statement in the OP. But I didn't see you call his statement disingenuous and self-serving, wonder why that is.
      OP's blanket statement is factual, that's why.

Republican support for unchecked gun regulations is a major component of why these spree shootings keep happening.

I'll concede to you (or your side, or whatever) that we should be much stricter with immigration from certain hotbed nations in the middle east. (Though that wouldn't have helped today because the shooter was a US citizen)

Would you be willing to concede to me that we should start regulating guns at least at the same level that we currently regulate automobiles?

Don't pretend you don't buy into partisan politics when you clearly do.
      You'd have much more fun if you started viewing politics the way you view sporting events. That's how I've been doing it for the last few years and the quality of discourse I've had has gone up, to quote Trump, tremendously.

Comment

What kind of assault rifles tho?

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
          You say we, but it isn't the majority.. I get the feeling that the left exclusively supports Islam just because the Right is so adherently opposed to it. There is 0 value for the left to support Islam, honestly, there is more value for the Right due to Islam's set morals(compared to Christian morals, it's night and day, but they still exist as opposed to the slope morals that people on the left have)

Either way, cake is a pretty good desert* huh?
          I think a majority is possible, but it'll never reach much further than 50%.

You can't even get a majority of health experts and food scientists to consistently agree on whether eggs are good or bad for you, FFS.

Saying that you think that the opposing political ideology only holds X position because you hold Y position is part of the problem, and it reinforces a victim mentality that I thought you guys were staunchly against.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                I think a majority is possible, but it'll never reach much further than 50%.

You can't even get a majority of health experts and food scientists to consistently agree on whether eggs are good or bad for you, FFS.

Saying that you think that the opposing political ideology only holds X position because you hold Y position is part of the problem, and it reinforces a victim mentality that I thought you guys were staunchly against.
                I'm not saying that either party is right/wrong for their support of whether issue, it's just that I see more hypocrisy from one side than the other. Again, there's more to things, but we're talking on a surface level.

Honest to Christ I cannot fathom why (at the very least, liberal media) support for Islam exists. It goes against nearly every principal that they stand for.

Regarding Islam, I'm rather confident the majority(this being people on the left aware of the situation, I'm not including anyone of right-wing or of uninterested/ignorant left-wing) support it. For example, An overwhelming majority of the left supports gay rights, but the second anybody tries to combat it, their logic gets combated with illogical bs "ur hating" and such. I'm just at a loss as to what Islam offers the left.

And I'm about as impartial towards Islam as anyone who holds generally right-wing social views can be. it's not that I'm right socially and left economically, it's that I view more logical support for each side (socially & economically speaking), with little personal preference/bias going into it, which is something an overwhelming majority of people can't help but show regarding their support of whatever issue/side...

So, do you agree the cake is a good dessert choice?

Comment

Originally posted by bm Vagabond View Post
                  I'm not saying that either party is right/wrong for their support of whether issue, it's just that I see more hypocrisy from one side than the other. Again, there's more to things, but we're talking on a surface level.
                  On a surface level, I see much more wrong with the party that claims to support our troops but wants boots on the ground again in the middle east.

The party that denies the consensus that has existed among scientific experts regarding climate change for the last 15 years.

The party that marches in opposition towards religious extremism when they openly court radical evangelical voters.

The party that condemns every muslim that goes on a murder spree as a terrorist, but dismisses white terrorists as being mentally ill.

The party that diverts attention of spree shootings from sensible gun control measures to putting more emphasis on mental health issues and then votes against every major bill that would've increased those same mental health measures.

The party that labelled people like me who were vocal in their opposition to the Iraq war as being unpatriotic and not supportive of our troops during the Bush administration, but now openly claims that the country has gone to **** since electing a black man as President.

The party that called the relaxation of pollution laws and regulations the "clean air act".

The party that claims to be pro-life but happily endorses the act of state-sanctioned murder.

The party that demonizes poor Americans who rely on social safety nets for basic survival as "welfare queens" and stereotypes them all as illegal aliens (who can't qualify for those benefits) and minorities when the vast majority of them are white people in Republican states.

The party that victimizes themselves at every opportunity ("the war on Christmas", the war on guns, the war on the right to discriminate who you do business with based upon their sexual orientation AKA "religious freedoms", etc...) but then accuses the opposition of doing the same.

But I digress...

Honest to Christ I cannot fathom why (at the very least, liberal media) support for Islam exists. It goes against nearly every principal that they stand for.

Regarding Islam, I'm rather confident the majority(this being people on the left aware of the situation, I'm not including anyone of right-wing or of uninterested/ignorant left-wing) support it. For example, An overwhelming majority of the left supports gay rights, but the second anybody tries to combat it, their logic gets combated with illogical bs "ur hating" and such. I'm just at a loss as to what Islam offers the left.

And I'm about as impartial towards Islam as anyone who holds generally right-wing social views can be. it's not that I'm right socially and left economically, it's that I view more logical support for each side (socially & economically speaking), with little personal preference/bias going into it, which is something an overwhelming majority of people can't help but show regarding their support of whatever issue/side...

So, do you agree the cake is a good dessert choice?
                  I don't eat cake.

Comment

That dude must've had some major backing cause an assault rifle is upwards of 20,000 dollars and very hard to get.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                      Dems defend gay rights and women's rights, but refuse to criticize Islam which is the worst violator of those rights. Fuking hypocritical Democrats are the biggest cowards in the world.
                      Was this guy a Muslim?

Comment

Working...
                      X