Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Tabled For 2019?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia Tabled For 2019?

With the heavyweight bout between WBC titlist Deontay Wilder and challenger Tyson Fury on the horizon for the fall - it could push back the proposed match-up between IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence and four division beltholder Mikey Garcia. The bottom line is that for Showtime it just may not be feasible to have two pay-per-events so close together before the close of 2018.
    [Click Here To Read More]

PPV? Hopefully its a stacked card.

Comment

Knew it.

Does this mean Fury-Wilder may be in December after all?

Comment

Its PPV from a Mikey perspective...a cherry pick for Errol.

0% chance I pay $1 for their fight although I'd be okay if Mikey makes a lot of $$ since he's the only one taking any risk here

Wilder/Fury gonna crush any other fight though

Comment

I mean why not put Mikey and Spence on the Wilder-Fury undercard?? Especially if neither has been a headline on a ppv event before and neither has Wilder so why not combine it to make it a stronger card? Let them fight at the end of the year and maybe push the date back some to accommodate the fighters.

Comment

They should both fight someone else in December and then a PPV next year in March.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              I mean why not put Mikey and Spence on the Wilder-Fury undercard?? Especially if neither has been a headline on a ppv event before and neither has Wilder so why not combine it to make it a stronger card? Let them fight at the end of the year and maybe push the date back some to accommodate the fighters.
              Because the PPV won't cover all the fighters purses.

Comment

This will flop badly on PPV. Real boxing fans know this is a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  Its PPV from a Mikey perspective...a cherry pick for Errol.

0% chance I pay $1 for their fight although I'd be okay if Mikey makes a lot of $$ since he's the only one taking any risk here

Wilder/Fury gonna crush any other fight though
                  You're a fool if you watch either one of those mismatches. Wilder-Fury should be happening once Fury is back in form, not when he looks like complete **** as he did last saturday. And Spence should be fighting Crawford, Mikey should be fighting Loma, instead of Spence-Mikey which is more bull****. Save your time for real boxing matches. These two are just set ups to try to manufacture a new American PPV star now that Floyd retired. That's the only reason big guarantees are being given out on these two fights and they're being rushed. The boxing establishment in America wants a new PPV star so they are pulling out all the stops, probably overpaying Fury to rush back to the top level so Wilder can get that scalp, and overpaying both Spence and Mikey so that either way it goes, there will be a new star coming out of that fight if not both of them.

They don't care about what's best for the sport, or making the best fights. Apparently, they just care about propping up American boxers. Maybe they feel they can make more money off American stars, or maybe it's a patriotism/nationalism thing, but either way it's hurting boxing and resulting in **** fights instead of good ones.

Comment

It makes sense to push it back to January, I've been saying that. What does it matter that those two want to fight at the end of the year? What exactly happens if it is pushed back one month? Would still be both fighters third fight in 12 months. It has disaster written all over it if it is after Canelo/GGG, Conor/Khabib and Wilder/Fury.

Didn't sound like Espinoza was thinking of moving Wilder/Fury to December though. Doesn't want it close to the holidays for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X