Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
    If haymon promised him more than $5 mill for Wilder rematch than you can forgive this duck move.
    ... yes, he will make him rich... but later, right?

Comment

• The fact they asked for 10 Mill when their biggest payday is 500K shows they don't really want it. They never did. To turn down 10x you biggest payday is beyond insane. It puts him in the same delusional class as wilder.

When you lose the fight of your biggest payday, your pay does not increase, but decreases. So it's crazy they think they're worth 10 Mill. 5 Mill is on the table which they will never get anywhere else. This is cowardice at it's finest.

Comment

• Should have taken it

Comment

• Miller was getting $6.5 million but he was an in-house fighter. Ortiz offer of $5 million is more than fair but I understand Ortiz looking at this as his big payday opportunity and trying to eke out more money, especially considering he would have a less than ideal camp prep. It would be hard for him to make anything like that with any other fighter. Also the longer negotiations, the longer for him to potentially clean his system out for VADA testing.

I think everyone is playing their part to maximize their situation and I don't really blame any of them for doing it. Let's hope it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
            Take the cash and fight AJ, ffs. You beat him and you get 20 mil for the next fight and you won't give a f*** about the missing few million last time.
            He must think he can’t win!...I mean what else could it be because you’re absolutely right about him being able to double or triple his purse in a rematch if he was to win

Comment

• If accurate, dumb move by Ortiz. Nobody knows his age but I doubt he'll have many more opportunities to make that kind of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                From the word around the campfire it sounds like the Wilder moves are Ortiz & Kowancki this year so its not crazy to suggest Ortiz is 4 to 8 months from his call up (& Team Ortiz could KNOW they got the winner of Wilder vs Breazeale for all we know). And from my understanding Breazeale is some sorta ABC mando fight so that means Whyte isn't getting a mando shot til this time next year best case.

How set in stone is the above? Not very I'd assume as always in boxing, but that seems the blueprint & general layout at the moment & with Ortiz being arguably the 4th best guy in the division it seems a solid bet he'll get a title shot from someone at some point even if it doesn't transpire exactly like that.

The bigger factor to me is his age. How long can he hold out if he does get bypassed for awhile? I suppose only he really has any idea about that, but if I was on Team Ortiz I'd be sweating that lol.

And maybe a bigger factor is if Wilder signs a deal with DAZN post-Breazeale, as I suspect could happen, does Ortiz get next after Joshua vs Wilder or does he get pushed back in line a ways? Idk about all that.

But yea its a gamble & its always been a gamble for guys who've gotten to where all these guys have gotten.
                Good points. What ever happens, I'd have Ruiz on a retainer to stay fit for AJ and then Whyte in July. Bit sloppy of Hearn not to have a back up plan in place for NY with so many travelling fans. He has before with Takam for Pulev. Impressed with Hunter. He tweeted he would stand in for AJ and also Whyte (Rivas has had licence problems)

Comment

• Some of you DKSAB. The only thing you can type about is calling a fighter a "duck". Now it's a duck if you don't fight the supposed best heavyweight in the business on short notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    asking for 10 mil is wild...too much

but not getting a 6.5 is also a slap in the face...he is worth at least what miller was and that's the market price that hearn set

both sides faulty on this one
                    Per the article, he'll get a new offer, probably the same as Miller's was. Let's see how they will respond to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Luis Ortiz deserves at the very least the same amount that Jarrell Miller was going to get. Hearn needs to quit being a tightwad.

Especially since it's on short notice.
                      Yeah, 10x you biggest payday is being a tightwad.

Have a word with yourself.

What do you think of Deontay only paying him 500K?

Comment

Working...
                      X