No announcement yet.

Shadow boxing critique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow boxing critique

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could critique my form and just my shadowboxing in general, this is my first time filming myself and i've already noticed a few things, dropping of the hands (mainly the left hand) dropping my hand down and sometimes keeping it their after body shots, I know I need more variety in my combos and that i need to pay more attention to defence, I also noticed my punches are a little wild and not quite natural enough, but yeah any feedback would be appreciated, also i'm not gonna make any excuses for how bad I am at the moment, it's my own fault. Anyway yeah, feedback is much appreciated, be as critical as possible please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Lx...ature=youtu.be

In my opinion your fists are too close together, think about defense aswell. ( covering your jaw)

Also for these kind of vids full body view works a lot better then torso view

Comment

i think they may have been that close together because i'm use to gloves touching, but i'll keep it in mid as i never even thought about it, yeah i know it does, i spent a good half an hour trying to find a way to get more of my body, but thats the best i could do, my parents where out of town so i couldn't get them to video me.

Comment

Not bad if youre brand new. Your jab needs work in the form. It nice you pop it put there strong but it needs to start from where you havw your arm and should be one fluid extension. You seem to be raising it a tad before firing ot off which makes it look just a lil awkward but its still a good punch man just critique. You seem to have two left hooks. In the beginning your left hook you tuened away while throwing it but you had the correct body twist motion. Then later on you fixed it the head moving but the hook you were theowing were just arm punches. For a left hook you meed to sit down on it and make sure your torso and that left leg are all in motion. Your right cross moves to the inside too much and you should practice keeping it tighter with the correct twist and everything. I need to see your feet because i believe once you fix your footwork these punches will straighten out. Also the previous man was right you need to keep hands farther. Either pinner to your chim or top of the head they do no good if they aren’t touching your head especially in a street fight. But keep it up man not bad

Comment

I'm not sure what you consider new, i'm 3 months in, but that doesn't really matters, all that matters is improving. " but it needs to start from where you havw your arm and should be one fluid extension." I'm sorry i'm a little confused by what you mean, please explain. I also struggle to do my jab without raising my arm first if i turn my hand while punching which my trainer wants me to do. How can i stop this from happening? Also yeah i have a problem where so many thoughts are going through my head on what to do that sometimes when i remember to do one thing I forget to do another, what exactly do you mean by sit down on it? Yeah i noticed my right does that to but i wasn't sure why, i can try and get a parent to film me shadowboxing tomorrow, i can't now as there asleep and i need to go to sleep as well. Wait from what I know in terms of height of your hands it should be just under eye level, is this not correct? Also thanks for the in depth help, much appreciated.

Comment

Do you have a disability?

Comment

What no, why would I

Comment

Try to keep those hands loose when shadow boxing, shoulders relaxed. The hand should tighten upon impact and loosen up again when retracting it back. Practice bringing the lead hand back to your chin when you jab and not down to your chest as you leave yourself open when you do that.
                Move your head/slip, get out of range backwards or laterally, or roll after every combination. You end up throwing some punches and then are just standing there. Keep that opposite hand (the hand that you aren't throwing) glued to your chin and make sure you are bringing the hand back to your chin after throwing.

It's hard to feel super comfortable putting it all together when you don't have a lot of tools. I'd practice more combinations 1-2-3 roll. 1 slip 1-2 slip 2-3 roll, etc.

If you aren't in a gym with a trainer then I wouldn't really focus on throwing punches much, as you are going to over develop those bad habits (not bringing your hands back to your face, etc), and while it's possible to make those habits better at home its going to be much more difficult than having a a trainer there to tell you when you are messing up and how to fix it.

Quit looking at the camera as well lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vansman954 View Post
                  Also for these kind of vids full body view works a lot better then torso view
                  ^^^^^ This.

Comment

Working...
                  X