No announcement yet.

joshua v povetkin is a good fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'd even say that ortiz is a markedly more dangerous guy because he's left handed and hits harder, and that he'd knock povetkin out. telling .

povetkin - ortiz would actually be a good fight. it's HW. these guys shouldbe fighting each other. it's fun.
    id agree that Ortiz is more dangerous than povetkin but don't try telling these clowns that

lets call all things even...how come this fight is good to these clowns but wilder/Ortiz wasn't? lol....I think we all know

Comment

Good fight eclipsed by Deontay Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        the funny thing is that losers like the TS are genuinely unaware of what eddie hearn is up to. they like this fight
        TS slammed Crawford for fighting Postol, Horn,Gamboa and Indongo and they were all top 5 fighters

Comment

Povetkin is a risky fight for both Wilder and Joshua... They both "should" win, but they both "might not"...

Comment

Its a decent fight. Not spectacular, but decent.

HWs get judged differently from other weightclasses. Wins over top 5/10 fighters mean a lot when you get to the end of your career, especially if you stack up a lot of them. Povetkin is rated top 5 everywhere. His recent resume isnt amazing, he doesnt look as good as PEDvetkin, but there is a reason he is ranked so highly. He is skilled, experienced and dangerous, especially for a fighter still pretty green at the top level.

I expect Joshua to win, I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt easy, I wouldnt be surprised if he got caught and rocked at some stage. Modern HWs arent used to fighters looping shots up at them from a low trajectory because there are so few HW's fighting that style.

Its not THE fight, so I get people arent happy, im not crazy excited for it, but its certainly not bad by any stretch
            Last edited by Tom Cruise; 09-20-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              Povetkin is a risky fight for both Wilder and Joshua... They both "should" win, but they both "might not"...

you can say that about most HW with power. this fight was a staged fiasco by hearn to avoid deontay wilder for another year or so while joshua makes his money.

make no mistake, if wilder lands on joshua his prime may well be over, and nobody knows that better than eddie hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                id agree that Ortiz is more dangerous than povetkin but don't try telling these clowns that

lets call all things even...how come this fight is good to these clowns but wilder/Ortiz wasn't? lol....I think we all know
                On the flipside how can anyone have hyped Wilder-Ortiz so much and **** on this so bad? Povetkin has held a world title before and has a superior resume in addition to being more active. Both were caught for PED's and both the same age.

I'm not saying Joshua-Povetkin is a great match - it's not but to say Wilder-Ortiz was vastly superior especially if you're of the opinion Wilder is the best in the division sounds biased.

Wilder-Ortiz turned out more competitive than I expected I'll admit that but coming in the matches aren't worlds apart. I think had Wilder fought Povetkin and Joshua fought Ortiz Wilder fans say Ortiz was crap and Povetkin is the better fighter and the Joshua fans would say Ortiz is a beast and Povetkin is trash.
                Last edited by chrisJS; 09-20-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

It's not a bad fight, and the outcome will reveal another piece to the heavyweight puzzle, but the undercard is complete garbage.

I'm going fishing instead, catch the results, and maybe watch the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    TS slammed Crawford for fighting Postol, Horn,Gamboa and Indongo and they were all top 5 fighters
                    Those are solid wins for Crawford, not taking that away from him, but top 5 means more at HW where there arent a thousand weightclasses around you. These are the best 5 boxers on the planet if you ignore made up P4P lists.

Only Cruisers would have any argument otherwise, and even then they need to prove it in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      On the flipside how can anyone have hyped Wilder-Ortiz so much and **** on this so bad? Povetkin has held a world title before and has a superior resume in addition to being more active. Both were caught for PED's and both the same age.

I'm not saying Joshua-Povetkin is a great match - it's not but to say Wilder-Ortiz was vastly superior especially if you're of the opinion Wilder is the best in the division sounds biased.

Wilder-Ortiz turned out more competitive than I expected I'll admit that but coming in the matches aren't worlds apart. I think had Wilder fought Povetkin and Joshua fought Ortiz Wilder fans say Ortiz was crap and Povetkin is the better fighter and the Joshua fans would say Ortiz is a beast and Povetkin is trash.
                      Agreed. I do think ORtiz is the fresher fighter, so I think its a slightly better win, but they are really not that far apart. If they fought now it would be a really good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X