No announcement yet.

joshua v povetkin is a good fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshua v povetkin is a good fight.

since when was a fight between two of the top 5 fighters in a division considered to be such a trash match up? you guys must really rate joshua highly if you see it as a mismatch. hearn has also compiled a decent undercard for this one.

It’s a good fight. Just got overshadowed by the demand for wilder-joshua

Comment

Ok then enjoy it...

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        since when was a fight between two of the top 5 fighters in a division considered to be such a trash match up? you guys must really rate joshua highly if you see it as a mismatch. hearn has also compiled a decent undercard for this one.
        Crawford-Postol was #1 & 2 and then Crawford-Indongo was #1 & 3. Crawford-Gamboa was #1 & 3, Crawford-Beltran was #1 & 2.

I don't think it's a bad fight and I expect some folks will be surprised with the entertainment value but my problem (and I think most) is that it's not Joshua/Wilder which seemed like the perfect time for it. I'm also not a fan of guys who get caught cheating getting big fights so soon. I'll watch it but I'm not into it.

Campbell/Mendy is a good re-match. I was very impressed seeing Campbell up close when he fought Linares.

Comment

it's not a "bad" fight, but you have to understand that a prime fighter is being moved away from another prime fighter and instread fighting a "mandatory" against a 36 or 37 year old who got rocked by david price recently and who is an obvious drug cheat. if you look at povetkin's early career he was chubby and had little power. later in his career he slimmed down in the body and face, got much more muscular, and developed real power.

it will probably have action and povetkin does have power, so like any fight at HW there will be intrigue. joshua, in spite of how he's being handled by hearn, is a very good fighter and as a boxing fan i should be watching him. i may try out da zone just to kick the tires on this one.

Comment

yeah its a good fight

but wilder vs a 38 year former cheat who gasses wasn't....I get it now

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Ok then enjoy it...

the funny thing is that losers like the TS are genuinely unaware of what eddie hearn is up to. they like this fight

Comment

Hopefully this fight won't DROP AJ's stock...
                (Kid is a KO ready made, Win this fight so Wilder can crush you)

Comment

I still remember when everyone gave Wilder credit for willing to fight Povetkin and that fight didn’t even happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    yeah its a good fight

but wilder vs a 38 year former cheat who gasses wasn't....I get it now

i'd even say that ortiz is a markedly more dangerous guy because he's left handed and hits harder, and that he'd knock povetkin out. telling .

povetkin - ortiz would actually be a good fight. it's HW. these guys shouldbe fighting each other. it's fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X