Heavy bag gloves - Right way to go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy bag gloves - Right way to go?

Solved, thanks!!
    Last edited by zhydde; 07-14-2017, 03:34 PM.

I have sparring gloves which are 16oz, that are reserved only for sparring, to keep the shape of the padding nice and even. I have 14oz General training gloves which I use for mitt work and heavy bag (used 14oz for years and never had an issue) and a pair of 10oz to fight in

The 14oz I go through the quickest as these take the most punishment as you can image, probably change them very 8-10 months. Sparring gloves changed roughly every 18months. Fight gloves very 5 or 6 fights (I just give them to the gym when I'm done with them as they get used by everyone then after)

I have had nothing but good use out of rival and ringside, even their entry level stuff is very good. Everlaste and title I am scared of, they make so much mass produced synthetic crap that I can't be bothered to filter through their range to find a good pair so just give them a wide birth.
    Both everlast and Rival make great high end gloves but the range is a bit of a lucky dip

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      I have sparring gloves which are 16oz, that are reserved only for sparring, to keep the shape of the padding nice and even. I have 14oz General training gloves which I use for mitt work and heavy bag (used 14oz for years and never had an issue) and a pair of 10oz to fight in

The 14oz I go through the quickest as these take the most punishment as you can image, probably change them very 8-10 months. Sparring gloves changed roughly every 18months. Fight gloves very 5 or 6 fights (I just give them to the gym when I'm done with them as they get used by everyone then after)

I have had nothing but good use out of rival and ringside, even their entry level stuff is very good. Everlaste and title I am scared of, they make so much mass produced synthetic crap that I can't be bothered to filter through their range to find a good pair so just give them a wide birth.
      Both everlast and Rival make great high end gloves but the range is a bit of a lucky dip

Well thank you a lot for the detailed answer. A lot of great tips. Thanks a lot.

Comment

sorry, should have said Title & Everlast are a bit iffy not Rival, Rival are very good even the entry cheaper stuff.

Always go somewhere you can try the glove on, then go home and buy online for cheaper but try them on first in a martial arts store.

Everyone's hands are bigger, some 14oz can be very snug against another brands 14oz. Think shoes, some manufacturers tend to make quite a slender shoe across their entire range and some feel wider. Try before you buy

Comment

Working...
        X