Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do most boxers shoulders curl inwards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do most boxers shoulders curl inwards?

I know that when your shoulders curl in you have bad thoracic extension or something like that... I am wondering if boxers actually train to have curled in shoulders naturally since they always have guard up in such a way. Is Shoulders curled out mostly for body builders who correct their curled in shoulders with weight training?

Likely preference. I see guys do that at gym

Comment

I've thought about this a few times. I'd say try practice proper posture in every day life and maybe take up some yoga techniques for posture. If you're a sloucher, ( you naturally slouch your shoulders forward and curve your back in daily life) be mindful that you're doing this, straighten up and pull your shoulders back. Look at ways to improve the posture. Don't sit with a curved back and shoulders forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
        I've thought about this a few times. I'd say try practice proper posture in every day life and maybe take up some yoga techniques for posture. If you're a sloucher, ( you naturally slouch your shoulders forward and curve your back in daily life) be mindful that you're doing this, straighten up and pull your shoulders back. Look at ways to improve the posture. Don't sit with a curved back and shoulders forward.
        Tried yoga a few times, didn't care much for it.

Comment

"Curled"?? I think you're confused. It's common for a boxer to lift the shoulder up a bit when in stance in order to protect the chin. This has nothing to do with how they conduct their lives, nor do they attempt to walk around like this.

Comment

yep. yep (or some other guys who don't need to bring shoulders together)

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              "Curled"?? I think you're confused. It's common for a boxer to lift the shoulder up a bit when in stance in order to protect the chin. This has nothing to do with how they conduct their lives, nor do they attempt to walk around like this.
              Like shoulder shrugs?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Tried yoga a few times, didn't care much for it.
                Even for the fit women in yoga pants?

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  Even for the fit women in yoga pants?
                  That's the only reason I go to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    He's talking about their general posture. Most boxers have shoulders slouched forward instead of being stood up straight. This happens if you have a weaker back muscles.

Comment

Working...
                    X