Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critique my sparring please. I’m 5’5 152 vs 5’7 160.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my sparring please. I’m 5’5 152 vs 5’7 160.

https://youtu.be/7pYDUi6BkME

Originally posted by Cambo_rvnn View Post
    If your the one in the white head gear you need to fight either orthodox or southpaw, not both.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
      If your the one in the white head gear you need to fight either orthodox or southpaw, not both.
      Yeah, which one are you to be sure??

Comment

Thanks bro. I have a bad habit of switching stances. I was trained orthodox but I feel more natural southpaw. I’ll stick to orthodox !

Comment

I am the one in white headgear !

Comment

This is great to watch, thank you for posting it for everyone to see!

It looks like switching stances keeps your body facing straight to your opponent, making you a wider target than when you stand with your lead shoulder to him. I definitely agree about picking one stance, and I also agree with you that orthodox does seem to be your stronger option. Your left jab can be effective when you have confidence in it - don't flick it and jump backwards. I didn't see much jabbing from the right when you go southpaw. But it looks like you want some power from that right. Stay orthodox, keep jabbing, and keep that right loaded and ****ed to follow behind the jab when the time is right.

Comment

Your feet too wide and you plant down hard. You also throw way high

I assume your the one in white

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo_rvnn View Post
                I am the one in white headgear !
                Sorry! Just read

Work on you r footwork the most. It's all over the place. Anyone can hit and get hit

Comment

I knew your were in white by how clearly the one in black was better.

Do you jump rope??! And also put bands on your lower legs while u spar. That way too far apart and no bounce?!!

What weight class you want plan on being at?
                  Last edited by Shadoww702; 03-18-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Your feet too wide and you plant down hard. You also throw way high

I assume your the one in white
                    Agreed..

Comment

Working...
                    X