No announcement yet.

George Foreman Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman Appreciation Thread

One of my all-time favorites. Fight stopping power with either hand and underrated defense and attacks. He had top 3 punching power in boxing history no doubt:

The power...my Gawd...

This video shows the style clash between Foreman and Frazier where Foreman just owned Frazier and any other smaller swarming fighter:

Winning the title back 20 years after Zaire and wearing the same shorts he wore then:

I easily put Foreman in the top 10 heavyweights of all-time. Maybe top 5.

If we had young Foreman's body and old Foreman's brain he'd probably be the #1 all-time heavyweight.
    Last edited by MiDKnighT; 01-30-2020, 09:56 AM.

No one had the same combination of power and durability (plus size and strength) in one man , he was like a human wrecking ball, so much enjoyment and entertainment he gave us, so effective as a fighter of history, huge respect
    Last edited by AlexKid; 01-30-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      No one had the same combination of power and durability (plus size and strength) in one man , he was like a human wrecking ball, so much enjoyment and entertainment he gave us, so effective as a fighter of history, huge respect
      If he only had speed, he would be unstoppable.

Comment

- -George one ups speed with timing, moreover he has his first ever bio out in celebration of his 71st birthday:

No Way But To Fight: George Foreman and the Business of Boxing by a Canadian, initials RM Smith I believe.

In my top 5 over Ali, read it and weep!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -George one ups speed with timing, moreover he has his first ever bio out in celebration of his 71st birthday:

No Way But To Fight: George Foreman and the Business of Boxing by a Canadian, initials RM Smith I believe.

You won't get any argument from me on the last point.

Yes the timing helped but I'd say his grappling techniques negated his opponent's speed even more. A great example is in the breakdown of the Frazier fight I put in the 1st post. He pushed Frazier around and kept Frazier exactly where he wanted him to tee off with devastating jabs, hooks, and uppercuts.

Comment

First ever? U thick?

This was published in 1995:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              First ever? U thick?

This was published in 1995:

- -We already knowed U anorexic brain cells don't function.

By George an autobio...Duh!!!

https://www.amazon.com/George-Autobi.../dp/0743201124

Comment

- -We already knowed U anorexic brain cells don't function.

By George an autobio...Duh!!!

https://www.amazon.com/George-Autobi.../dp/0743201124
                U ride the short bus?

This was published in 1997:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  U ride the short bus?

This was published in 1997:

You really sound like Queenbee when you imitate him. The first post you wrote I did a doubletake and thought you were Queenbee.

Comment

Originally posted by MiDKnighT View Post
                    You won't get any argument from me on the last point.

Yes the timing helped but I'd say his grappling techniques negated his opponent's speed even more. A great example is in the breakdown of the Frazier fight I put in the 1st post. He pushed Frazier around and kept Frazier exactly where he wanted him to tee off with devastating jabs, hooks, and uppercuts.
                    Indeed Foreman was an incredible talent. He did have great weight placement/grappling technique. Never the purity of Liston...Liston had incredible combinations, very smooth footwork and finishing skill. Foreman had maximum leverage on his shots and great pivoting skills.

I would put him on a relatively short list of great heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                    X