No announcement yet.

Welterweight Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Thurman beats Vargas. Crawford schools Khan. Spence dominates Garcia. Porter beats up Matthysse. Crawford schools Thurman. Spence outpoints Porter but Porter makes him work like a dog for the decision as is his way. Spence and Crawford make for a good fight but Spence's size makes the difference.
    Thanks, nice breakdown!
    I see it going similarly except I think Spence will force a stoppage over Porter in the later rounds. I think Porter's constant pressure will eventually lead to him walking into one toomany shots.
    As for the final, I gotta roll with Crawford although I think he'll have to work like a madman to time Spence and win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by solid_jab1987 View Post
      Welterweight Tournament

Ok guys first post on this thing so go easy!

Thurman vs Vargas
      Crawford vs Khan
      (Quarter winners fight in semi)

Spence vs Garcia
      Porter vs Matthysse/Jamal James
      (Quarter winners fight)

Winners of both semis go head to head

Tuneups for Khan and Keith have been done in this scenario.
      How do you see this one playing out?
      Thats a solid tournament but one we will never see.

I think Khan against any of the top welters is a real possibility by the end of this year. He'll have a tune up at some point.

I think he could beat Thurman and Porter, loses to TC and Spence. Humiliates Matthysse.

The way you set it up, I think TC wins.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Thats a solid tournament but one we will never see.

I think Khan against any of the top welters is a real possibility by the end of this year. He'll have a tune up at some point.

I think he could beat Thurman and Porter, loses to TC and Spence. Humiliates Matthysse.

The way you set it up, I think TC wins.
        I hope so because Khan is skillful and entertaining when he's on form. I think his speed and combinations could give TC some trouble early on until he gets figured out and timed. I think Crawford goes on to fight Spence in the best fight that can be made at Welter that we all wanna see.
        Last edited by solid_jab1987; 01-23-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Great t be known for taking the dive via Leap....
          khan is really bringing out the “Carnivale” characters of boxing - they all know they are old but can still tap that mangled chin n of his

Comment

horn?
            pac?

and wtf is jamal james doing there?

Comment

Welterweight Tournament

Thurman vs Vargas
              Crawford vs Khan

Spence vs Garcia
              (Quarter winners fight)

Thurman vs Vargas
              Crawford vs Khan
              Spence vs Garcia
              Porter vs TBA

Crawford vs Thurman
              Spence vs Porter

Crawford vs Spence...... I dunno. We would learn a lot about both fighters leading to this point and it’s hard to say at this point. What if Spence is rocked multiple times against Porter and looks sloppy on way to a TKO. What if Crawford completely outclasses Thurman and shows he’s one of those truly special fighters. At this point I’d lean towards Spence but dang, it’s hard to imagine that I wouldn’t watch that series without changing my mind multiple times.

Comment

See this is the reason I've stuck to reading rather than posting. So far I've had two responses neither of which constructively deal with the content of the post in question. It shouldn't baffle me but it does...
                yea sucks man. i'd say stick to reading and actually go somewhere else to read. it's just crap and click bait here. get out while you can lol

good luck on wanting to talk boxing. i've had a couple of threads that have no action. i make one thread about the woman beater *floyd, 30+ pages here we go lol

but to answer your question, yea i'd like to see it, too bad we won't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                  horn?
                  pac?

and wtf is jamal james doing there?
                  Pacq is virtually retired and so I thought I'd stick to the young guns. Jamal James got a win over Chaves and Horns already fighting Crawford and I don't expect him to win! Lol

Comment

Welterweight Tournament

Thurman vs Vargas
                    Crawford vs Khan

Spence vs Garcia
                    (Quarter winners fight)

Welcome to the forum, man... and ignore the criticism - I suspect Pandas may be ribbing you anyway - but it's certainly a much better post than some of the garbage you get around here.

Anyways: Bolded win first round. Matthysse vs Porter is a tough call... I want to see a bit more of Lucas at 147 first, although his destruction of Taylor shows promise. Gun to head I'm probably gonna go with Lucas over Shawn, but without much confidence. All of which is slightly redundant because Spence beats the winner in the next round anyway..

Thurman vs Bud? Ooof... tough one. I think Keith may have taken his foot off the pedal for too long though... gonna go with Bud here, Keith needs to be fighting more than once a year if he's gonna stay sharp.

Spence vs Bud then , in the final. I think Bud takes the early rounds, but Errol just sticks to his gameplan, keeps coming and breaks him down late. TKO 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                      yea sucks man. i'd say stick to reading and actually go somewhere else to read. it's just crap and click bait here. get out while you can lol

good luck on wanting to talk boxing. i've had a couple of threads that have no action. i make one thread about the woman beater *floyd, 30+ pages here we go lol

but to answer your question, yea i'd like to see it, too bad we won't get it.
                      Thanks but I've had a few good responses at least so it's not all bad. Yeah it's a masssive shame as there's too much ducking and dodging in that division.

Comment

Working...
                      X