Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Frazier fare in today's climate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    More endurant? Is that's why today's fighters throw fewer punches and STILL gas out in fewer than 12 rounds let alone going 15? And who the hell are the Klits faster than? Primo Carnera? They sure as hell ain't faster then the vast majority of top Heavyweights that I've seen. And btw, Boxing is NOT track and field. In boxing skill trumps athleticism.....as it does in most organized sports that aren't track and field related.

Poet
    There's a difference if you train to be more explosive for 12 rounds, or to be more edurant for the 15 rounds. They'd be able to change their routines.
    The brothers are VERY explosive and yes their jab is fast and very powerful. Heck I believe that Wladimir can knock Frazier down with his jab alone.
    I agree that he could cause him trouble, but I think both brothers beats Frazier. It just annoys me that people on this board only praise the fighers of old times, and like they'd beat the brothers and other Europeans with ease. I may be blinded by the fact that I'm so annoyed, but I just don't see tiny Frazier do the job.

I hope you know how important roadwork is for a fighter, and yes explosiveness in your legs from the track and squats are VERY IMPORTANT.
    I know boxing is not running, I've had about 80 amateur fights myself by now, so I have an idea of what goes on in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Look I generally support Poet in this, but the Heavyweight division is much different now. I like Adamek as a fighter, he's one of the best P4P fighters I've seen in years, when this LITTLE guy fought Golota, I feared for Adameks life. Adamek was simply awesome in that fight. But HE"S TOO SMALL. I think it's time for a Super Heavyweight division, if that happens in time, Adamek could win the HW title, but not while these super giants are everywhere. Pound for pound these giants are inferior to the smaller fighters, the lean on each other and fight at a snails pace. I can't be bothered watching them, and I'm sick of people trying to compare men half their size (to the giants) like the Dempseys, a 6 ft 7in Dempsey would be invincible, of that I'm sure, a 6 ft 7in Dempsey kills Ali. There, I said it..As far as from Light HW down though, they are EXACTLY the same weight as they've always been, but today's fighters are mostly what old-timers would call a preliminary fighter, either a 4 rounder, or 6 at best. But the elite are still great, there's just not as many, this is where I agree with Poet and the others who think along those lines.
      Are you joking me??? You can't just say "if he were that heigh or weighed that he'd kill him", come on??? You know that your movement changes with height and added weight = you become way less mobile due to the center of gravity. That's like saying, Manny Pacquiao is the greatest fighter ever, cause if he added weight, he'd be the FASTEST hardest hitting heavyweight ever...

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post

I like what you say Poet, but you gotta understand that todays techonology and evolution of training facilities have made fighters stronger, faster and more endurant.
        Heavy bags have gotten heavier?

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
          Are you joking me??? You can't just say "if he were that heigh or weighed that he'd kill him", come on??? You know that your movement changes with height and added weight = you become way less mobile due to the center of gravity. That's like saying, Manny Pacquiao is the greatest fighter ever, cause if he added weight, he'd be the FASTEST hardest hitting heavyweight ever...
          I was trying to explain how I thought of Dempsey as P4P. Pacquiao had nothing to do with it. And I don't think comparing someone to an opponent who is 25 kg heavier. Here's a great Little Heavyweight, just to prove that they can fight at a higher pace, this guy brung it, EVERY TIME,..... Here's some Smokin' Joe for your enjoyment.-------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X