• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
    I saw the fight live with my brother-in-law. We were in the upper
    Level...between $20-25.

We rooted for Joe
    Cool. I listened the round by round on radio. I remember it was a Monday night and because it was on closed circuit here, round by round description was all we could get til it was rebroadcast the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Cool. I listened the round by round on radio. I remember it was a Monday night and because it was on closed circuit here, round by round description was all we could get til it was rebroadcast the next week.
      If i had been around then it would of been for alie!

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Me too. I listened to the round by round summaries on the all news radio station with some friends at the park. Too young and broke to go see it live, lol.

Comment

I wasn't even a sperm n egg yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Me too. I listened to the round by round summaries on the all news radio station with some friends at the park. Too young and broke to go see it live, lol.
            How long did you have to wait to see it on television? Was it always rebroadcast on wide world off sports with Howard Cosell?

When I browse YouTube it seems that all of the major fights were rebroadcast on ABC's wide world of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              How long did you have to wait to see it on television? Was it always rebroadcast on wide world off sports with Howard Cosell?

When I browse YouTube it seems that all of the major fights were rebroadcast on ABC's wide world of sports.
              It was awhile before I saw the entire fight. Definitely not the following Saturday. But when I did see the fight, it was on ABC.

Being a boxing fan was a lot tougher back then.

Comment

It wasn't shown for another three years. It was shown on ABC just days before the rematch with Ali and Frazier providing commentary, which obviously led to the infamous studio scuffle.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  It was awhile before I saw the entire fight. Definitely not the following Saturday. But when I did see the fight, it was on ABC.

Being a boxing fan was a lot tougher back then.

It was was going through my mind that it tougher to watch fights when I read it, Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRickman View Post
                    It wasn't shown for another three years. It was shown on ABC just days before the rematch with Ali and Frazier providing commentary, which obviously led to the infamous studio scuffle.
                    Yeah, that commentary was pretty interesting lol.

Comment

It was taped just five days before their rematch. Very easily could have led to one of them rolling or twisting an ankle or knee.

Comment

Working...
                      X