Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A big if, but what happens if Fury BEATS Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Because Hearn is a promoter he wants to control as many fighters and put on as many events as he can. As a fan in the UK i prefer the fights happen over here, more the better, if the UK becomes the new home of boxing i'd love it. Americans wanting all the popular fighters to go to the US are thinking exactly the same.
    However, you just that Americans just don't support boxing unless it's a massive fight. If that's the case then does Hearn expect to sign fighters from an unpopular sport that Americans don't support?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      It's because your prices are a lot cheaper than U.S. That is why you draw large gates and pay per view numbers. Apply the same business model to the U.K. that we have in the U.S and let's see how well your boxing economy tank.
      American promoters should take a leaf out of the UK's book then because their price gouging strategy has clearly not done boxing any favours over there. It's better to sell 1.5m PPVs at $25 than 400k at $70, both financially and for the health of the sport

Lol @ bragging about being ripped off

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        However, you just that Americans just don't support boxing unless it's a massive fight. If that's the case then does Hearn expect to sign fighters from an unpopular sport that Americans don't support?
        Yes. The guys Hearn is trying to sign like the Charlos and Davis aren't popular fighters. But he's working for a global network that needs the best fighters if the want to attract global fans even if they aren't that popular in their own country.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          American promoters should take a leaf out of the UK's book then because their price gouging strategy has clearly not done boxing any favours over there. It's better to sell 1.5m PPVs at $25 than 400k at $70, both financially and for the health of the sport

Lol @ bragging about being ripped off
          I think that the British boxing business model is a beautiful model. Eddie Hearn was a blessing in disguise because now since he is producing these boxing cards for DAZN at cut rate prices. It's now forcing other promoters and boxing platforms to do the same thing just in order to compete with DAZN. As a matter of fact, the PBC is in the process of doing that as we speak. So I thank you Eddie Hearn for bringing boxing business back to America. We are in the middle of a boxing popularity upsurge.
          Last edited by champion4ever; 11-08-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            You can't bet your balls like you're doing on a guy who was on the verge of suicide and 400 lbs, 360 dayz ago and has not been in a real fight for 3 years (he had 2 sparring sessions).

Had Fury fought, let's say a guy like Pulev in his second return fight, it would tell us something about what's left in Fury's head and hearth.

I think you need an elite performance to beat Wilder.

If Fury comes in elite shape and mindset he wins, but he remains to be seen after such a sad lay off.

Haye fought two bums too in his comeback, then he stepped up to fight Bellew, a fighter who can fight back and wanted it more than him, Haye crumbled under Tony's will, I could see the same happening to Fury.

I have no doubt a prime Haye stops Bellew.

I have no doubt Fury would have schooled Deontay in 2015, but 2018 is Deontay's year IMO
            You forgot to mention the fact that Haye was injured going into the fight. So far as we know the only thing hindering Fury is not having fought a top 10 guy before taking on Wilder.

I think so little of Wilder's "skills" that I believe Fury coming off of 3 years of inactivity fighting two cab drivers before a Wilder fight can beat Deontay. Heck Gerald Washington controlled Wilder with a jab the whole fight before getting careless and windmilled to death. I think Fury can stay focused like he did with Wlad and stink it out for 12 rounds to get a decision over Wilder.

Comment

If Fury wins then Ortiz vs Fury cuz Aj to shook.

Comment

If Wilder loses, my guess is that there will be an immediate rematch....

Then maybe a trilogy....

Which would be bad for AJ since he'd be waiting around with not much left for him.

Comment

American interested from the European perspective has a whole ****load of projected xenophobia and almost no attempt to understand any cultural difference at all.

That said, Dixie has more Rovers than Ireland son. Where did you think rednecks and redneckisms came from? It ain't our English influence that has us stilling whiskey and running shine from the law.

You have your choice between the native son of the land of Louis or the ancestral king of our forefathers' home.

The American audience struggles to become motivated because despite England's three worth a ****s plus our two and maybe a handful from the rest of the planet the HW division is a **** show.

It's not difficult to see why no one in America is impressed by Wlad while damn near everyone in America is by Tyson despite Tyson not having a very great resume and Wlad having been champion for over a decade. Look at the ****in' shape of the men involved. It doesn't matter that Tyson worked cans early. They are scary looking cans to the public. It doesn't matter that Wlad whooped ass for ten years straight, they're all fat, short, old, and look from the outside without knowing anything about boxing like easy fights.

When you have to teach people why they should be less impressed, Tyson, and teach people why they should be more impressed, Wlad, then it's not difficult to understand why those who have not been taught anything are impressed by Mike and not Wlad.

Wilder's in the same damn boat Wlad was in and you ***** ass euros are still crying about xenophobia? Yeah....it's our obsession. We're gonna go away....all five of us.....go to support Canelo now or some ****...

Youse are compelled by **** like Whyte-Browne. America is not. That's why Wilder struggles to get fans. It's why Wlad couldn't carry the division in the US. He is what we want, the division is not, who we see him hitting is not.

But yeah....if Fury's fat ass was from the trailer park in tennessee coming from a family of bare knuckle rednecks who shine and fight on the weekends and run dirt track all week he'd just be so so much more important to the American audience. We just can't wait....yee haw and ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    How would he be #1? deluded.
                    LOOOOOOL of course he is. He beat the guy the current number 1 ducked.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      If Wilder loses, my guess is that there will be an immediate rematch....

Then maybe a trilogy....

Which would be bad for AJ since he'd be waiting around with not much left for him.
                      Bad for his legacy perhaps, but not bad for his wallet. Also if there's no one for AJ to fight then there's no one for Wilder or Fury to fight either which still leaves him far ahead when it comes to getting paid.

and yeah there's definitely a rematch if Fury wins but not if he loses

Comment

Working...
                      X