No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Such stupidity. When did having more power mean you automatically win the fight? This is not arm wrestling!
    Its not the amateurs.

If you both trade jabs, and one guys legs buckle while the other guys head snaps back, the exchange goes to the guy who didn't get his legs buckled.

In my opinion, in order to win a round in which you were hurt, you have to dominate the round.

There were several close rounds where ward got hurt, and it cost him the round even if he was winning it by a close margin before he was hurt.

There is no way around it.

Ward was hurt atleast 4 times during the fight, and whats worrying is the most of them were from jabs.

Im a Ward fan, I thought Ward would most likely win.

I don't think he won this fight. It was close. I want to see a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
      In all honesty there's no real loser in this fight. Andre showed heart and the ability to adjust in the face of adversity. Where Kovalev showed he's not just a one dimensional face first brawler. Close fights happen in boxing. That's what rematches are for. The fight not only warrants a rematch because of how close the fight was, but also how entertaining it was as well. Heck, we might even be looking at a trilogy.
      Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        I thought it was a close fight but Kovalev did enough to win. Not a robbery but definitely wasn't a clear win for Ward.
        Of course it wasn't a clear win for Ward and thankfully the scorecards reflected that.

It was an either way fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Another moron. 7-5 is 115-113. -1 pt. for the KD is 114-113 Ward.
          I'm seeing a lot of people in here who can't do simple math. Cries about Ward needing 8 rounds to arrive at the those scorecards. Maybe that's the reason there are many "robbery" cries.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Then you clearly have no clue what the term robbery means. The fact that you say Ward could have got a draw proves that.

Jesus Christ people, if you can comprehend a draw or the other guy winning then it's not a robbery.

A robbery is blatant where EVERYONE is an agreement the guy who lost should have won. A robbery won't have tons of people scoring it one way, tons of people scoring it the other and tons of people scoring it even. Roy Jones at the Olympics - robbery. Pac vs Bradley I - robbery. Now, you can say the decision wasn't great, you can disagree with it, that doesn't make it a robbery. Too many people on here throw around the robbery term every single time a decision goes the way they didn't have it. That's called an opinion.
          Excellent post. Some people need to watch a different sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by have_not View Post
            Even virgil hunter belived kovalev won, before the tenth round virgil Said ward had to win the 3 remaining rounds, he did'nt win the tenth round and before the 11 round virgil Said ward had to stop kovalev

Comment

• Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
              Lmmfao why you mad lol!
              Because I'm a huge fan of boxing and this kind of sh.its are destroying the sport that I love.

And is sad read stupid patriotic fans saying that Ward won.

He did not merits to win and that's easy to see for a good fan of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                i hope you're right. Ward pretty much left boxing and a semblance of a competitive career. We all know he is a perfectionist who needs it all planed to work out. It took him a long long long time to take this fight.

I have no confidence we get a rematch soon. It's not my fault, it's his. He made it like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightfanjoe View Post
                  Well said.
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Because I'm a huge fan of boxing and this kind of sh.its are destroying the sport that I love.

And is sad read stupid patriotic fans saying that Ward won.

He did not merits to win and that's easy to see for a good fan of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      I didn't score it

it was a real close fight, not sure either guy could argue

I doubt that Ward would have got a decision if Kovalev was German and that fight was held in Berlin

Kovalev was pretty dominant, but then Ward adjusted well..... Kovalev could still get to Ward at times, but he got out-fought for most of the second-half including the championship rounds

a rematch!
                      Your absolutely correct !
                      All depends on how u look at fights.
                      Do u give more credence to the closer, or the one who starts strong? If u go by formal judges rules, its a draw as I had Ward winning 6-12, but if I give more credence to the closer then Ward definitely wins a close fight

Comment

Working...
                      X