Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO commentary/agenda regarding low blows...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Another that surprised me was how nobody in the UK sports media seemed to pick up on the fact that earlier in the fight Ward was warned for hitting Kovalev on the belt of his trunks. Then later, punches on the belt and even below the belt were both ok, because Kovalev's trunks were a little high.

I think the UK boxing media are in awe of American boxing, and the attitude seems to be that if it happens in an an American ring, then nobody here should question it.
    Yup, it’s as if Weeks gave Ward a warning for show, and then completely ignored the following low blows...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Yup, it’s as if Weeks gave Ward a warning for show, and then completely ignored the following low blows...
      Kovalev's trunks were no higher in the 8th round than in the 2nd and the belt was below his navel. He was hit low, multiple times.

Comment

Forget ward kov 2 solido low blowed Loma to a screwjob win by low blowing him a mind blowing 33 times and no one said anything other than he's a experienced vet smh

Comment

HBO pundits also called Obvious low blows by Canelo on GGG as good body punches

Comment

#WardRuinsLives

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
              #WardRuinsLives
              Kova made Ward retire...

Comment

Kovalev's trunks were no higher in the 8th round than in the 2nd and the belt was below his navel. He was hit low, multiple times.
                They were never any higher than any of his other fights... Definitely some sort of agenda there.

Comment

yeah its expected that ward fanboys would ignore all the low blows or even pretend they were legit but when the ref and the commentators do it, thats a problem and you get controversial stoppages where one guy hits the other 3 times in a row in the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    yeah its expected that ward fanboys would ignore all the low blows or even pretend they were legit but when the ref and the commentators do it, thats a problem and you get controversial stoppages where one guy hits the other 3 times in a row in the balls.
                    It’s not even the fans. Why would HBO make a big deal of low blows in the Martin-Rojo fight and start bringing up rules, but in the Kov-Ward fight they pretend it was on the beltline or never happened...

Comment

As a UK fan I was astonished at the way boxing people over here simply accepted the temporary redefinition of what a low blow was during that fight and moved on without any fuss at all ..

" Mmm .. yeah .. that did look low to me Barry, and there was a couple of e'm too. ... but that was a great left hook from Ward a little earlier .. "
                      Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      You're on point!

It's like ah well he took a couple shots to the genital area, a bit here and there, it took out his breath and compromised his whole performance, but man while he was trying to recover he missed that beautiful right hand from Ward, and that's what hurt him... Reallyyy??
                      Why didn't he take a knee?. Kovalev wanted to get out of there.

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Forget ward kov 2 solido low blowed Loma to a screwjob win by low blowing him a mind blowing 33 times and no one said anything other than he's a experienced vet smh
                      I'm not saying I agree with what Salido did but it's the pro game. You're going to get some Boxers that try to test the referees tolerance by doing what I call 'dark arts'. If they can low blow you on the referees blind side and the referee doesn't call it, they'd just repeat the same thing. Protect yourself at all times.

Comment

Working...
                      X