No announcement yet.

These Charlo Twins Are Quality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    True. Everyone said Julian Williams was the future at 154. Haven't heard from him since December.
    they all jumped off that hype train pretty quick lol...

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      This is why it's going to be so hard to stop Haymon long term. Instead of overpaying for Cotto and Ward like Roc Nation did or overpaying to poach Pacquiao or Canelo, Haymon invested in the next generation.

Deontay Wilder, Jermell Charlo, Keith Thurman, Adonis Stevenson, Mikey Garcia, Gary Russell Jr, Leo Santa Cruz, Gervonta Davis, etc.

He's got tons of world champions from North America. He's constantly staging eliminators to maintain control of the mandatories.

Everyone else is forced to focus on whatever WBO belts Arum doesn't have, or search for talent in the Ukraine, etc.

When Gervonta Davis, Errol Spence and Keith Thurman are sitting at the announcing desk tonight, Charlo & Porter are picking up big wins in the televised fights, it should really sink in what Haymon has been putting together here.

Before PBC, only hardcore fans knew who Davis, Spence, Thurman, Charlo, etc were. And Haymon has more and more guys coming up the ranks.

Who is going to stop him?
      I agree he has a stockpile of exciting young talent but what does fighting every 11 months do for your career? He needs to keep these guys busy and in the spotlight. I'm glad Thurman was there last night, he's got an engaging persona and I'm glad he called out PAC on national TV. Arum needs to get that fight done after the Horn debacle.

Comment

Charlo also looked huge compared to Hatley. Are these kids just that big or is every one else just small at 154? And I'm not surprised he called out Hurd, he's the easy pickings belt holder at 154. Wish he'd fight Lara or Andrade but probably not.

Comment

When I said Charlos are some of the best & he'll school J Rock people laughed at me. I couldn't understand it because Williams had never fought above Friday night fights level. They are top top quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            I agree he has a stockpile of exciting young talent but what does fighting every 11 months do for your career? He needs to keep these guys busy and in the spotlight. I'm glad Thurman was there last night, he's got an engaging persona and I'm glad he called out PAC on national TV. Arum needs to get that fight done after the Horn debacle.
            There are only so many TV dates to go around. Showtime is increasing their budget and increasing their dates to try to accommodate this influx of American world champions, but it's going to take time.

Although part of the reason Charlo was on the shelf so long was because the mandatory kept getting delayed.

Comment

Theg uys are 26 and havent fought the level of opp they should be fighting. They certainly look fluid but everyone looks fluid when fighting scrubs. I don't remember Mell looking so good agianst Vanes and thats probably the best name he's faced...lol so sad.

And then both guys cliam they wont fight Lara cos they're friends.

They need to get their acts together of they will waste their prime years.

Comment

Not one to throw allegations but off eye test something is up with these charlos, they both appeared ordinary a year ago, now they both are visibly bigger like smw body builders at jmw, taking peoples heads off with murderous intent

Comment

Jermell has always leaned more towards boxing than hitting hard. But now that he is with Errol Spence's trainer he might be sitting down on his punches a little more.

And that's good because it's what he needs. It makes him fan friendly.

Jermall has always been the heavier hitter. As long as he keeps that while continuing to polish his boxing skills than he will be a tough opponent for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Crazy how like a year or 2 ago every one on the forum said there's nothing special in them. Now both world champs knocking fools out
                    Yeah, in that double header against Trout and Jackson people were saying that they were exposed, Trout and Jackson are solid but the Charlos are different beasts.

Comment

In this soft ass generation everyone will settle for the close decision instead of risking it when there's a true risk in there......even boogeyman Golovkin was content with being favoured by the establishment(Jacobs only took his paycheck as well). The Charlos will revert to type when they're not fighting chinny opponents

Comment

Working...
                      X