Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: I'm More Comfortable With Joshua Rematch in U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    If a person doesn't have a legal reason to bow out of the signed contract, that contract means everything.
    Think this through. Contracts are broken for many reasons not legal. Legal reasons are Utilitarian in nature. They require a greater possibility of bad things occuring if you break them, as opposed to good things. If I break the contract on my rental car ticket and rip the ticket up, I could be sued according to the contract... the ticket is their property. Legal reasons are part of self interest and nothing more, no morality, etc. You break contracts when you know it will be a greater benefit to do so than abide by them, and it is that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
      I think your right. Not much loyalty these days if ever

The fanny’s Here are like entourages. 1 lost and everybody disappears.

An upset win? They come out of the woods claiming to be day 1’s

I think it’s more people showing support for their nationality i just think it’s funny that some kick knowledge like if they knew who that was a year ago
      Andy probably has the shadiest fan base.....He ''deserves'' better.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      First off contracts are broken all the time. Everytime you break a cell phone contract why are you not sued? Why does a landlord not take you to rental court for one month's rent? Sometimes the risk of being sued is not sufficient to compel someone to abide and there might even be justification for this breaking of a contract. Legal reasons are not something supreme, they are simply one factor in a matrix.

For Andy Ruiz his value in the present time is now much improved right? Naturally he wants to take advantage of that before risking it again in the ring. So naturally he is trying to renegotiate elements that he can to benefit him in the rematch. Let us assume here that he knows the risk of being sued and understands that it is not sufficient enough to stop him from trying to push for greater benefitts to him, such as location.

That is how contracts work. If we were sued everytime we could be... Phew!!! The strategy he is using is what people do when their value has increased and they want it to be reflected, but are stuck in an old contract. they hope they have leverage... like a singer who will not perform, or a boxer who will not honor a contract and will accept the possibility of a law suite.
      Then why have contracts ?!?!?!?!

No sense in furthering this hilarity. I wouldn't want ''my guy'' to be dishonorable.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Ruiz can be sued by the day with a permanent injucture infracture put on him if he does not comply. What this means it will be ruled in favor of AJ because Hearn has legally binded contracts that were agreed to which will give more then enough reason to issue a civil lawsuit. One doesn't need to see contracts to know this.

The longer this goes I'm sure AJ's pockets are deeper and should Ruiz somehow ride out the dead line of a injuncture ruling against him that prohibits him from taking other fights his bank account isnt going to look so great so its really not Aj who should worry here.
        These legal eagles are so scared.....They rather fight in a court room than a rematch in a foreign country.

Comment

These legal eagles are so scared.....They rather fight in a court room than a rematch in a foreign country.

If you are talking about Ruiz I don't believe he is going to go to legal action if its decided by team AJ to fight in Cardiff/U.K . I think its clear what he wants and gets of his media responses tells it all, only on this forum will you find the strange posters who think Ruiz will get his way.

If you are talking about the actual posters ? Well I think some genuinely don't know or understand what they are talking about or they are the Wilder fan base which is comical . In the end I really hope its in the U.k now just because of threads like this. Of course if it ends up in Cardiff it is then because only Andy agreed to it. Ha

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
            Matchroom haven't announced because they are deciding between venues.

Ruiz hasn't announced the venue because matchroom hasn't told them where the fight will be.

See the difference? People ask Ruiz where he'd prefer the fight, people ask Hearn where the fight will be, there's a reason for that.

Also don't be too sure if Ruiz breached the contract it would only be the rematch money on the line. The rematch clause was just that, a clause in a contract that made Ruiz $7m, he breaches that contract of course that money is back on the table in a lawsuit, that's how contracts work, you don't break contracts and just keep the money.

All of this is just academic anyway, Ruiz won't breach the rematch clause, he'll fight where Joshua decides and make millions win, lose or draw, it's just some of theses comments make me fear for humanity. Like do people not know how contracts work, are they teenagers or just no clue of how businesses operate?

I have said this many times, I fear for humanity. This week I have had a right ol laugh, I don’t know if the education system is really that bad in this world or certain areas in the world. So far the only people that I have seen make comments like these ones are the PBC/Wilder fanatics. It’s really blowing my mind how they actually really think. They enforce that stereotype about their educational system, it’s actually scary reading their comments with them trying to sound like a lawyer, “Oh the language in the contract” etc

For Andy Ruiz’s sake I hope the people around him have a higher/better education than these lot. 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
              If you are talking about Ruiz I don't believe he is going to go to legal action if its decided by team AJ to fight in Cardiff/U.K . I think its clear what he wants and gets of his media responses tells it all, only on this forum will you find the strange posters who think Ruiz will get his way.

If you are talking about the actual posters ? Well I think some genuinely don't know or understand what they are talking about or they are the Wilder fan base which is comical . In the end I really hope its in the U.k now just because of threads like this. Of course if it ends up in Cardiff it is then because only Andy agreed to it. Ha
              Andy seems like a smart guy. He knows what he has to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I have said this many times, I fear for humanity. This week I have had a right ol laugh, I don’t know if the education system is really that bad in this world or certain areas in the world. So far the only people that I have seen make comments like these ones are the PBC/Wilder fanatics. It’s really blowing my mind how they actually really think. They enforce that stereotype about their educational system, it’s actually scary reading their comments with them trying to sound like a lawyer, “Oh the language in the contract” etc

For Andy Ruiz’s sake I hope the people around him have a higher/better education than these lot. 😂
                Didn't you know ???? Contracts are meaningless

Comment

Let’s say Ruiz chose to dishonour his signed contract, this would not only make things worse for him, but for future boxers who need voluntary opportunities like he got. You would never see them getting that opportunity without them having to sign their life/careers away. The leading promoter (A-side boxer) would probably make sure that the challenger has to retire or pay him certain amount of money before he dies... The implication would change the landscape of boxing, I still remember Don king trying to get Rahman off the Lewis rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Let’s say Ruiz chose to dishonour his signed contract, this would not only make things worse for him, but for future boxers who need voluntary opportunities like he got. You would never see them getting that opportunity without them having to sign their life/careers away. The leading promoter (A-side boxer) would probably make sure that the challenger has to retire or pay him certain amount of money before he dies... The implication would change the landscape of boxing, I still remember Don king trying to get Rahman off the Lewis rematch.
                    Dishonorable fight fans have outed themselves.

Comment

• Imagine if it were AJ who was trying to get out of the contract...this place would be toxic.

Comment

Working...
                      X