Media’s biase towards euro fighters.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge bias is worse, some decisions canelo has been given are diabolical

Comment

I don’t know... I mean, I’m not saying there’s no such thing as racism, because there is, but I think Beterbiev though raw is pretty talented, like a smaller version of Deontay Wilder. And Usyk unified a weight class, which is very rare these days. So I don’t think their inclusion in the rankings is due to racial bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Born X Raised View Post
        The media is biased towards white fighters, not just Eastern Euros, but since Eastern Euros are the best white fighters at the moment they get all of the love.

I mean the boxing media is probably 90% middle age to old white men so of course they’re going to value white fighters more.

Usyk seems legit, but I definitely agree about Beterbiev. He definitely should not be in the Top 10 P4P discussion yet.
        This exactly

The American media is mostly white middle age men so no surprise who they will be biased towards.

But love how ppl here try the good ole “ hey racism doesn’t exist” line. Lol and I’m willing to bet most of those posters are white.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
          I don’t know... I mean, I’m not saying there’s no such thing as racism, because there is, but I think Beterbiev though raw is pretty talented, like a smaller version of Deontay Wilder. And Usyk unified a weight class, which is very rare these days. So I don’t think their inclusion in the rankings is due to racial bias.
          Another perfect example.

So why is Beterbiev in the top 10 but not Wilder?

So obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Another perfect example.

So obvious.
            Hmm, that’s a fair point

Comment

If there's one thing I've noticed around here it's always the dudes with the strongest biases of their own that accuse others of bias. They're also often the dudes who seem most completely lacking in self awareness.

The usual gem is, to paraphrase, 'Unbiased people agree with me'.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-20-2019, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                If there's one thing I've noticed around here it's always the dudes with the strongest biases of their own that accuse others of bias. They're also often the dudes who seem most completely lacking in self awareness.

Great post

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Another perfect example.

So obvious.
                  Heavyweights aren't usually in the P4P discussion as far as I'm aware.
                  Usyk being a former cruiserweight champion makes his case a little different.

Spence was also in the convo prior to his accident and he hadn't done much more than Beterbiev in truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Koba-Grozny again.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      nsb has posters biased against anything that doesn't look like Eric Clapton's strat
                      Eric auctioned off his favorite Strat years ago to raise money for his alcohol and addiction center. It was a black stratocaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X