No announcement yet.

Help an aussie out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help an aussie out

ok so ive been training for a few months, before i went overseas I Was very close to my first fight, My gym is laid back, U dont even have to train, its like that, but me, I love it so i try to as much as possible...
    See when u dont get trained on a regular basis i think u get sloppy, and when i mean sloppy u got no one telling you if your shaping up right etc..
    so heres my question, it frustrates me so much but what should I DO?

When I see my normal sparring parter (very fit) on the bag he looks perfect, elbows tucked in, chin behind shoulder etc, but when I look at myself on the bag somtimes i swear i look unco.. But when it comes to sparring this guy, I always win?

And also i look at myself in the mirror shadow sparring and I can honestly say i think i look unco, where as my coach will tell me im doing good, only correcting me somtimes..

same with skipping i feel stupid doing it..

is it just me ? do most people feel that way?

nothing means more to me than this and im trying to find a solution, do i leave and go somewhere where i can get training and attention? or do i stay ?

thanks heaps fellas i really need your help!

well its very easy for someone to criticize themself and see all the bad things with themself and quite hard to complement yourself and see the things your good at so you probably dont look unco when you train, its just in your head and your being to hard on yourself. Just try and see the things your good at and you will eventually come to realize that your not unco and then it will be fixed or maybe get someone to watch you train and see if they think that you look unco.

Comment

where is aus r ya? im in melb... Forest Hill

Comment

It depends on what you want to get out of boxing. If you are treating it seriously, I would personally go to a different gym, you will grow most with people who take the sport as seriously as you do.

If it's something you're doing as a hobbie, to have fun you should possibly stay. If the atmoeshere became too tense and inflexible you may start to dislike boxing though you say you love the training and improving. I guess I'd change gyms if I were you, you don't feel that you're getting the necessary pointers and you're around people who don't train as hard as you.

Comment

=dale and FeFist

cheers, yeah well Im fighting in 7 weeks so ill see how i go after that,
          thanks oh and melbourne fella im from brisbane!

Comment

grrr... im getting desperate for sparring, trolling forums looking for some sparring partners.

best of luck in your fight buddy ;D

Comment

Originally posted by maxbodyboarder View Post
              =dale and FeFist

cheers, yeah well Im fighting in 7 weeks so ill see how i go after that,
              thanks oh and melbourne fella im from brisbane!
              i'm in brisbane.. what gym are you at currently? i'm fighting in about the same time. what weight are ya mate?

Comment

my advice btw.. dont worry about aesthetics.. if what you're doing is working.. so be it. sam soliman looks like a total spastic, but he's fought for world titles.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                  i'm in brisbane.. what gym are you at currently? i'm fighting in about the same time. what weight are ya mate?
                  im training at cjs, in carina, But I think Im moving to west end next week , where you train man?

Comment

oh and im currently 6ft 1 i think, and 72 kgs

Comment

Working...
                    X