Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will it take to build the 7k outdoor venue for the fight in Saudi Arabia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Carl Frampton had a large temp stadium built for one of his fights. It's not unprecedented.
    Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    when Nate fought Juan Diaz in a bull ring in Mexico, HBO simply built a floor above the dirt bull ring area and set the boxing ring up on that platform.

Bottom line is where there is will, and enough money, it will get done......
    Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Not long. They've already built the ring and ring-side seats for the King and his wives.

I was wrong. It's 12,000-16,000 now. The number has doubled!!!

And it's a stadium already built?!?
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 08-12-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
      You know they still use slaves in Saudi its no joke. They subjugate their women and they're starving and bombing Yemen to ****. It's an awful country. This is just a power flex for its rulers.
      Of course it’s a power flex, my point is everyone pretending to be outraged now. And to be honest who out of anyone here is attending the fight? Probably not one single person. History in boxing shows this isn’t and would be the last time fights happens in places like this. Suddenly we now care about politics and human rights?

Comment

About 72 days...

Comment

Wtf is this healthy & safety/engineerings standards thread? OP looking for new and orginal ways to "take down" Hearn/DAZN

"Hearn has no regards for official building standards he should have his license revoked!"

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            If Koreans were building it, maybe 6 months, a permanent one too!
            That's the truth. Koreans are some of the fastest most efficient workers I've ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by Albanianboxing View Post
              I am a Union Carpenter in NYC. I am in my third year of the apprenticeship. If the money and funding is already there and in place this will be done in no time. I have worked in two shopping centers and the money was all set up and we worked 6 days and 10 hour shifts and some of the other trades worked 7 - 12's and it was put up in a matter of weeks and correctly put up.

Like any other field Construction does need time but if the money is there are no problems. A lot of the hold ups in Construction are getting the permits and zoning licenses but I don't think they will have a problem with that in Saudi Arabia hahaha.

Do you think Joshua vs Ruiz 2 happens on December 7th in Saudi Arabia? Is this money source real that Hearn secured?
              Immediately after reading that, you got an accent in my head

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                That's what I'm envisioning. A big ass tent with chairs

This is about to be the most ghetto fight ever 😂
                They've got thar Oil money in Saudi right?

Should be some luxurious shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                  Wtf is this healthy & safety/engineerings standards thread? OP looking for new and orginal ways to "take down" Hearn/DAZN

"Hearn has no regards for official building standards he should have his license revoked!"
                  I'm injecting common sense. We clowned Bob Arum for claiming he needed to build an outdoor stadium. Now everybody is acting like this is normal

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    It's 5 mins away from the capital Riyadh that has been building massive towers and huge amounts of money pumped into it. I think they know how to build a temporary stadium better than you do.

I like how you say "we" should expect. None of you ****s will be going so why the **** do you care? You can't sell enough wigs to afford the plane ticket.
                    Ever since Joshua got knocked the **** out, you have been extremely bitter in your posts. What’s going on? Is everything ok?

Comment

Doesnt the WWE have a big event every year in Jeddah i believe. Pack out the place. I believe they let their women wrestle too. I think it has been very successful. Should have been in Newyork Or Las Vegas, but we all know the politics of boxing and who the promoter is.

Comment

Working...
                      X