Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Drops Porter, Wins Split Decision To Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... a junkyard dog fight?... at this level of competition?... never...
    Spence loves going toe to toe. The only guy he really didn't walk down and get in with was Garcia.
    Last edited by jreckoning; 09-29-2019, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Noone is EVER gonna look good against Porter.. he clearly smothers BOTH his and his opponent punches.. He's VERY difficult to hit with a clean shot.. even more so at the end of your punch.

It was a 7-5 fight in Spence's favor.. at worst 6-6 but the KD edged it. Spence is clearly a slow starter and Shawn outworked him quite a bit in some of those early-middle rounds. Having said that, Porters aggression wasnt always effective and many of his punches were missing the target.

Comment

• Porter gave a good fight. Spence was down 2 points after the tenth. The last two rounds got Spence a close fight.

Comment

• Even with the knockdown (barely a knockdown anyway), I gave it a close decision to Porter, he took the fight to Spence the whole fight and had Spence in all kinds of bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by jondacon View Post
            Noone is EVER gonna look good against Porter.. he clearly smothers BOTH his and his opponent punches.. He's VERY difficult to hit with a clean shot.. even more so at the end of your punch.

It was a 7-5 fight in Spence's favor.. at worst 6-6 but the KD edged it. Spence is clearly a slow starter and Shawn outworked him quite a bit in some of those early-middle rounds. Having said that, Porters aggression wasnt always effective and many of his punches were missing the target.
            That is pretty much the way I saw it. Spence landed the cleaner punches throughout the fight.

Comment

• Pbc makes me.sick....no mention of Crawford again, looks like they going to recycle Garcia now for Spence...NOBODY is interested in that fight. The people are demanding Crawford...nobody else should be under consideration now. We saw how Spence struggled with Porter, imagine what Pac and Crawford would do to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                I agree, that being said, last time I checked, Horn did as good as Thurm vs Pacman.

Not saying that Horn is a helluva win but Bud is doing his job at 147.

I think Crawford outclass Spence. Eye test Crawford is better, quicker and strong enough IMO.
                Crawford is a boxing maestro, he might make Spence look dumb at some point, I see Bud winning cruising to a clear 116-112 unless Spence hurt him bad.

No way uncle Al makes that fight soon.

I have been telling yall Spence is not as good as media are telling us (since he's ranked inside top 5 on most official P4P lists).

But I really admire Spence and enjoy to watch him, he's hard nosed, strong, willy mofo...a damn tough nut to crack.

As the A side, he got the SD, as usual in boxing...
                Agree, been saying this for a while now. Spence is really good at the basics, but doesn't have those virtuoso dynamic skills like a Floyd, Crawford, Canelo or Loma. You can tell he started boxing later in his teens years and does not come from a background of boxing. He's a big strong hard-nose dude that always comes in great shape, but he still seems to be learning on the job. His confidence takes him ways because eye test tells anybody with boxing knowledge that Spence THINKS he's a lot better than he actually is, this fight showed that.

It wouldn't be my 1st choice of his next opponent, but If it is Danny, it will be interesting to see how Spence will deal with him because 1 thing about Danny is he is a very good counter puncher. I must say it's kind of a wise move to put Spence in with a good slower counter puncher like Danny before putting him in with a quick sharp shooting counter puncher like Crawford though.
                Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 09-29-2019, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Spence won a close fight. That knock down in the 11th round gave him the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post

It wouldn't be my 1st choice of his next opponent, but If it is Danny, it will be interesting to see how Spence will deal with him because 1 thing about Danny is he is a very good counter puncher. I must say it's kind of a wise move to put Spence in with a good slower counter puncher like Danny before putting him in with a quick sharp shooting counter puncher like Crawford though.
                    ... Danny isn't a counter puncher... he's a mid-range hooker with no jab...

... Spence will stay outside and he will jump deep inside at will... Danny doesn't know what to do in such situations...

Comment

• Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
                      Pbc makes me.sick....no mention of Crawford again, looks like they going to recycle Garcia now for Spence...NOBODY is interested in that fight. The people are demanding Crawford...nobody else should be under consideration now. We saw how Spence struggled with Porter, imagine what Pac and Crawford would do to him.
                      TBH it wouldn't surprise me If Garcia actually did beat Spence given his good counter punching abilities. His power is also on par with Brook, and the fact that Danny should come in desperate knowing this may be his last shot at the elite level after losing 2 relatively close fights to Porter and Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                      X