Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Drops Porter, Wins Split Decision To Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    Spence won a close fight. That knock down in the 11th round gave him the fight.
    unfortunately, 2 judges already had him 6-4 after the 10th round...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... Danny isn't a counter puncher... he's a mid-range hooker with no jab...

... Spence will stay outside and he will jump deep inside at will... Danny doesn't know what to do in such situations...
      STFU dudes like you are completely clueless. Outside of TC and Pacquiao Danny is the 1 of the best counter punchers at 147. Why do you think Thurman stuck to pot shotting and running from Danny after the 1st few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... Danny isn't a counter puncher... he's a mid-range hooker with no jab...

... Spence will stay outside and he will jump deep inside at will... Danny doesn't know what to do in such situations...
        Here is Danny punching with, in between or direct after Thurman throws a punch, catching him with several counter punches early. Just shows you don't know WTF you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          STFU dudes like you are completely clueless. Outside of TC and Pacquiao Danny is the 1 of the best counter punchers at 147. Why do you think Thurman stuck to pot shotting and running from Danny after the 1st few rounds.

... Realizniguhnit, dear: you're just a kid...

... you quote 2 vids from YouTube:

... they are from 2014 and 2013, respectively...
          ... the first one is by some guy who has 69 subscribers and 2,680 views on that vid... the second one is by another guy who has 473 subscribers and 31,840 views...

... now, kid: go to sleep and try to figure out what's the actual value of your post here...

Comment

• Spence

How come spence always look mad HIGH, he lit! Pass dat SON!

Comment

• I feel like Porter dictated the pace of the fight. But it remains a question whether Spence ALLOWED him to do it to play his dog-fight type of game. I also noticed that Spence landed a lot of early low blows, but that he was able to parry a lot of the body shots Porter attempted. Meanwhile, Porter came on strong in the fourth, but looked a bit tired after the round because of Spence's body shots against him. Over the course of the fight, Porter looked a little bit more tired to me, but Spence's face looked like he took more of a beating.

Overall, I agree that Spence won this fight. I think it should have been a unanimous decision, especially because of the knockdown. That said, Porter has gained a new fan in me. I'm impressed how he brought the fight to Spence and performed better than most people were saying he would.

If I were Porter, I would want a rematch. I would train myself to handle body punches better, whether by strengthening my core even more or learning to parry much like Spence did in the earlier rounds. I would also try to improve my defense when charging in, cause I feel like that's where Porter got hit the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                Agree, been saying this for a while now. Spence is really good at the basics, but doesn't have those virtuoso dynamic skills like a Floyd, Crawford, Canelo or Loma. You can tell he started boxing later in his teens years and does not come from a background of boxing. He's a big strong hard-nose dude that always comes in great shape, but he still seems to be learning on the job. His confidence takes him ways because eye test tells anybody with boxing knowledge that Spence THINKS he's a lot better than he actually is, this fight showed that.

It wouldn't be my 1st choice of his next opponent, but If it is Danny, it will be interesting to see how Spence will deal with him because 1 thing about Danny is he is a very good counter puncher. I must say it's kind of a wise move to put Spence in with a good slower counter puncher like Danny before putting him in with a quick sharp shooting counter puncher like Crawford though.
                Great post. I like Spence a lot but he doesn't jump off the screen like the fighters you mentioned. He's solid and very good in areas but he lacks that dynamic athleticism that separates those guys. I've always favored Crawford if/when they fight because he is more dynamic and athletic and he seems to process things quicker with the ability to implement changes on the fly. I hope we get to see them fight sooner than later while both are undefeated.

Comment

• https://ok.ru/video/1221931764392

Comment

• I saw a loose scale in Spences armor tonight. Still damn good BUT.......

Comment

• You could pretty much see that Lopez was the fresh fighter. Went pretty much as expected, ref had to stop Molina.

During the first several rounds of the Super Middleweight title fight, Benavidez was hardly living up to his press conference boasts. The urgency wasn't there...he was cautiously stalking, allowing Dirrell to get off first. Seemed more interested in exchanging smiles and macho antics with Dirrell. This went on for several round. Then, Benavidez cut Dirrell's eyelid with a straight punch. Dirrell is bleeding, and NOW Benavidez starts showing the urgency that he guaranteed in the press conference. He starts blasting Dirrell with combinations and head shots.

Credit to Benavidez for finishing the job when Dirrell was in trouble. You still cant help but think that had Dirrell not been sliced on the eyelid, Benavidez would have continued to cruise, and smile at Dirrell, on the way to losing a UD. he was getting hardly anything done, until the cut. Benavidez is HUGE, by the way. He could do 175 easily.

Spence has a dry personality, but make no mistake, he's a PPV star. It was an absolute dogfight with Porter . Possibly brawl, ahem, fight of the year. This is why Amir Imam and Robert Easter aren't Errol Spence . When a guy comes in, trying to make it an ugly brawl, you have to put something on him! Not cover up and cower!

Did Spence totally neutralize Porter? Uh, NO . In fact, there were times when Porter was able to overwhelm Spence, and get some shots in, and others blocked. Other times, Spence went upside his head, went to the body, or leaned over him. THEN came the 11th round...Spence didn't KO Porter, as he promised, but that KD was as good as a KO . It was the kind of punch that warps your jaw, when watched in slow motion.

Spence is a PPV star from now on, barring the odd tune up. Danny Garcia next...? Neither one of these guys are talkers, that's the thing. The obvious person to turn to, to promote the fight is ANGLE Garcia, who has no problem saying whats on his mind, LOL
                      Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 09-29-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X