No announcement yet.

Dr.Dre HipHop Billionaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
    Good point. I didn't want to sound like a racist because my grand father was half black but we weren't raised in America. At the same time aren't there different ways to show that even though you came from poverty and made it out you're still the same person who had the same struggles as them? Makes no sense to me.

One of my black friends always wants to sit at the back of the damn bus, EVERY single time we take transit. F&ck is that about?

Edit. Why is it Us minorities always have to hate on each other and put down each other?
    Yes you can, but unfortunately it's not a common thing. A lot of people think you'd be an uncle tom or a sellout if you change up your attitude from how you were brought up, which is ridiculous.

As for your next two paragraphs, I could go on a complete tangent about why we have these problems but to put it all in a nutshell & save the rest for another time:

It's definitely a psychological thing. I'm no expert in why, but from the fact that a lot of us tend to be the first ones to trash each other, especially for small ****, is definitely something that stuck with us from slavery & the Jim Crow problems that we as a whole never fully recovered from, like from the slave masters & a select amount of racist whites from the segregation times beating us & making us feel like 2nd class citizens. The back of the bus thing is another one of these problems that pretty much stems from the civil rights act & that entire movement that carried out.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
      i dont understand. the guy who killed his friend? what does that have to do with this? you're saying he was 'hood' because he killed a guy? so that's what being 'hood' is? lol
      That's "keeping it hood" to the fullest. While he was making millions. As stupid as it may seem.

FYI I think they got him on 3 murders and two other shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
        Expensive yes but I have one from many years ago when it was the new hotness. I paid $450 and yes they're warm. Be grateful you don't live on the east coat of the US or in Toronto. Worst winter in 25 years and it's not even that hot. Today was decent it was 20C, dunno what that is in F though as we're on the imperial system

That'd be around 68 F for us. I went to Calgary once in October 2010 for my birthday and I thought it was cold as hell then, so I can only imagine what it's like when Winter really hits.

Comment

Just to be clear "hood" is a mentality as a byproduct of the environment people grow up in. In dr. Dre's or tyrese's case it's also a marketing ploy

Comment

Yup you can add another black billioniare to the list and of coarse the thread full of angry racists feeling emasculated. I knew they werent gonna like that one. FOH!!

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
              I wholeheartedly agree with that one. It's all marketing & gimmicks.
              True..as with most biz, you don't have to have talent or a good product to make $$. Just a name and financial backer.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                True..as with most biz, you don't have to have talent or a good product to make $$. Just a name and financial backer.
                Exactly, and that's mostly how capitalism thrives. Being a musician myself it's sad to see all these talentless hacks making it over all the other talented cats out there but that's the way of the game in a lot of cases.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                  if you're living in a $20million mansion, with a load of other $10million condos/beach houses etc etc, driving lambos, royces, ferraris etc etc, i can guarantee you're no longer 'hood'. you couldn't give a flying **** about the hood and the people suffering in it. i can assure you of that lol
                  Well I mean that's his fan base and who gives him popularity and basically who got him where he his today. What do you expect him to say thanks middle class America for buying my headphones that are drastically over priced

Comment

Working...
                  X