Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We Wanted Ward, It Will Eventually Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
      Loeffler said this when he received the contract offer from Ward. Ward said the reply he got said no, but maybe, maybe in 2017. Loeffler even clarified this saying G wanted to fight Canelo and then unify all MW titles before fighting Ward.
      latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-andre-ward-boxing-Gennady-golovkin-hbo-tom-loeffler-20150915-story.html

Ward said Loeffler's response was maybe in 2017. Loeffler claimed he would be fighting Canelo next, so it wouldn't make sense to fight Ward. Then he agreed to wait and let Canelo fight Khan. Still, the fact remains that Ward sent an official, real contract for a 50-50 fight within days of Loeffler saying G would fight Ward. Then it took less than 30 minutes for Loeffler to reply to Ward with no, but maybe in 2017.

"He added that he told Ward's promoters that Golovkin would be pleased to consider the bout in early 2017, if Ward was still fighting at 168 pounds."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...#ixzz4FWkmS2t4
      Follow us: mailonline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

None of this really matters now. Golovkin is fighting someone two divisions lower, who hasn't even shown he is the best ww, while Ward is fighting Krusher to determine the #1 p4p fighter in the world. That says it all right there. One is making a ww jump two divisions and 13 pounds while the other moved up a division to face the current #2 p4p fighter.
      the hypocrisy is evident. usually fighters test themselves before claiming the most feared title and acting like divas behind closed doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
        the hypocrisy is evident. usually fighters test themselves before claiming the most feared title and acting like divas behind closed doors.
        This is what Golovkin had to say about Ward in an interview he did in Russian about a year ago-

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

"If you do provocative attacks, do not even think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter] will buy into them. You haven't been interesting to anyone for a long time, so he will no longer engage in the promotion of your name. Go and build your own image. Although everyone already knows what you are, and because of this, they do not go to your fights."

"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because you got your opponents by contract. And who are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."

Comment

• Originally posted by greg98 View Post
          This is what Golovkin had to say about Ward in an interview he did in Russian about a year ago-

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

"If you do provocative attacks, do not even think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter] will buy into them. You haven't been interesting to anyone for a long time, so he will no longer engage in the promotion of your name. Go and build your own image. Although everyone already knows what you are, and because of this, they do not go to your fights."

"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because you got your opponents by contract. And who are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."
          Golovkin denies he said Ward ducked him

Middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin has flatly denied quotes attributed to him by a U.K. based website, which were picked up by numerous other media outlets. “These are not my words in this interview,” said Golovkin.

“It’s unfortunate that this interview was posted online and considered by many to be Gennady’s quotes, none of which are his statements,” added Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions. “We are currently conducting negotiations for Gennady’s next fight and will not be commentating on any speculation about opponents. We understand the extraordinary interest worldwide in Gennady and look forward to making an official announcement at the appropriate time,” concluded Loeffler.

The fabricated quotes had claimed Golovkin as saying Andre Ward turned down an HBO fight with him and also that Ward changed weights in the Olympics to avoid him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Have you read the contract Ward and Kovalev signed? If so, post a link to it so we can all have a look.
            Do we ever see any of these boxing contracts ?
            No we don't, but once we hear both parties say a contracts been signed that's usually enough for most rational fans of the sport.

Both parties, in addition to HBO (Max Kellerman) have all said the same thing which is that a 3-fight deal has been signed that HAS to include Kov . The contract does not stipulate who the other two guys Ward must fight.

The actual Ward/Kov part of the contract will be finalized once they iron out the financials on that fight . If you've ever done any gambling It's like a 3 game open parlay where u fill in the names as u go but it's a finalized bet or contract.

Bottom Line: Ward fights Kov next or he retires .

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
              are you sure he said that himself or just somebody from his team?

anyway, doesn't really matter...what I'm really trying to point out is the hypocrisy of a lot of posters here. if you're ok with ward moving up to fight the smiths and brands before fighting kovalev, you should be ok with golovkin wanting to fight chavez jr and froch first before ward.
              http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...-at-154160-168

There would have been nothing wrong with Golovkin wanting tune-ups vs Chavez Jr and/or Froch at 168 before facing Ward, but there will be criticism when Golovkin wanted Chavez Jr and Froch at 168 but Ward at 164. Just like Ward would have been crucified if his Light Heavyweight tune ups were at 175 but his fight with Kovalev was at 171. Agreed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                Golovkin denies he said Ward ducked him

Middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin has flatly denied quotes attributed to him by a U.K. based website, which were picked up by numerous other media outlets. “These are not my words in this interview,” said Golovkin.

“It’s unfortunate that this interview was posted online and considered by many to be Gennady’s quotes, none of which are his statements,” added Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions. “We are currently conducting negotiations for Gennady’s next fight and will not be commentating on any speculation about opponents. We understand the extraordinary interest worldwide in Gennady and look forward to making an official announcement at the appropriate time,” concluded Loeffler.

The fabricated quotes had claimed Golovkin as saying Andre Ward turned down an HBO fight with him and also that Ward changed weights in the Olympics to avoid him.
                Well I'm not sure if that might be fake then, but that interview specifically was to AllBoxing, which is not U.K. based, it is Russian based I think. Also, in that interview, he doesn't say Ward ducked him, he says HBO told them that the fight wouldnt take a long time to build up. So if that's true, that would mean that Ward didn't duck GGG, nor did GGG duck Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  I never said anything about A side B side (frankly, this A side B side shiz is killing the sport with fighters making all these demands on their opponents). I merely mentioned title holders from different or same divisions. The fact that you counter a numeric argument (160 vs 168) with an alphabetic one (A side vs B side) speaks volumes about the numeric argument.

If (when) Canelo wins the 154 belt, I would be happy to entertain the same A side leverage that GGG tried to apply to Ward...50-50. That would he 157.5 with a 50-50 purse split. (let's see if Canelo goes for that, lol)
                  No you didn't mention A-side/B-side but Golovkin's promoter did....

“GGG is now clearly the ‘A’ side yet Ward still would want to dictate terms, which makes no sense,” Loeffler said. “GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder [at] 164 [and] a 50-50 split on all proceeds.

Canelo already has the A-side leverage on Golovkin; 154 lb title or not. No mandatory for the Lineal title and no 160 lb max requirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by greg98 View Post

Source:
                    http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/16...sts-andre-ward

Gennady Golovkin blasts Andre Ward
                    By Wil Esco on Jun 16, 2015,

Comment

• If Golovkin would have went up to 168 to fight,it would've been just for 1 money fight, and then coming back to 160 immediately after. It wouldnt make sense for Golovkin to stay at 168 for 3 fights, because he has more options at 160 still. And guess what ? Andre Ward was Not a big money fight at the time, still isn't. Why would he go up to 168 for 3 fights when he had Saunders, Jacob's, and Canelo/Cotto still possible at 160? The Canelo fight alone is probably the biggest fight Golovkin will ever have even if he fights Ward in the future. That's just the truth. I'm just curious. Would people here be okay with Golovkin fighting the winner of Ward-Kovalev at a 168 catchweight ? Because let's be honest, the would be the biggest possible fight for either Kolvalev or Ward...

Comment

Working...
                      X