Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not hating, but how much time Loma got left in pro boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not hating, but how much time Loma got left in pro boxing?

The guy is 28 and it'd be logical to assume that prime version of Lomachenko was in amateurs. Don't get me wrong, in terms of his amateurs accomplishments he's a legend already, not in pro boxing though but that's because he probably started his pro career too late, and he might have another 2-3 years left before the decline. I feel like that amount of time is just not enough to turn him into a boxing star and all his outstanding reflexes, footwork and timing will start to fade away soon anf it'll get harder for him to slip punches like that. I'm not a hater because I don't want to see that happening. What you think?

Each body has its own charateristics, we don't know yet if lomachenko will fade sooner or later, but basically what you are saying is right. However he is still in very good condition so don't worry too much, he will be there for couple years giving good fights.

Comment

He'll be fine...boxing is a mind game and he has a sharp mind and gakes care of his body...sergio martinez started late at that age too i
      believe...loma has some good years to give boxing...a goid 5 to 7 years...maybe 10 or more you never know...but he'll be 👌

Comment

He has enough time to carve out a memorable legacy but probably not enough time to become a crossover star. I feel like the main factor in Mayweather and Pacquiao's stardom was their longevity and consistency. They could have retired a decade earlier and still made the Hall of Fame

So I just hope Arum keeps Lomachenko active and fighting top opposition. I was pretty mad that he wasted two of his prime years after the Russell Jr win

Comment

It's all relative. Each person's body has different characteristics and it could be another good 5-7 years before he begins to "fade."

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            The guy is 28 and it'd be logical to assume that prime version of Lomachenko was in amateurs.
            If true, that would be a scary, scary thought, homie. I mean considering how he made Gary Russell Jr. and Nicholas Walters look. Yikes.

Comment

3 to8 years. It depends on he he adapts to moving up in weight as I think he'll end up at Jr Welterweight.

Comment

I think if he keeps taking good care of himself he might have 5-7 good years left in him where he can compete at the highest level at any weight under 140 lbs. Even though he's had a lot of amateur fights his style should allow him to be in the game long enough since he probably never took no beating and was very rarely seriously hurt in a fight or even in training, that's the recipe for longevity right here. Not drinking, not fluctuating in weight, not stopping to learn and not taking punishment are the things he needs to be around longer and I think he has them.

Hopefully he doesn't get caught up in any legal issues that'd keep him on the side for too long, hopefully he could also stay active and fight 3-4 times a year for the next 4 years, in these 4 years he can build a heck of a legacy and be a champ in 4 weight classes, but he first NEEDS to avenge his sole loss to Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  The guy is 28 and it'd be logical to assume that prime version of Lomachenko was in amateurs. Don't get me wrong, in terms of his amateurs accomplishments he's a legend already, not in pro boxing though but that's because he probably started his pro career too late, and he might have another 2-3 years left before the decline. I feel like that amount of time is just not enough to turn him into a boxing star and all his outstanding reflexes, footwork and timing will start to fade away soon anf it'll get harder for him to slip punches like that. I'm not a hater because I don't want to see that happening. What you think?
                  wow, such a hater... I can feel the hate for Lomachenko spewing out of you

Nothing to see here folks just another hating thread of lomachenko son of Orlando Salido

Comment

between 1 and 20 years left

Comment

Working...
                    X