No announcement yet.

How can I help pain in my hands?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I help pain in my hands?

I dont box professionally but I do go to the gym now and then.

I've been in my fare share of street fights and a deployment to Afghgn which I did see hand to hand combat.

My left hand kills me, right knuckle is all messed up. Should I just rest for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      ass

my right hand is killing me.

Comment

Ice? Thats what i'll go for

Comment

Comment

ibuprofen is always helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              lmfao, this had me rolling because TS is a fellow Marine and thats exactly what a drill instructor wouldve told him...

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

I've been in my fare share of street fights and a deployment to Afghgn which I did see hand to hand combat.

My left hand kills me, right knuckle is all messed up. Should I just rest for a while?
                I was dying at that posters meme about sand in your vagina, reminded of what a DI wouldve told you... But anyways man, honestly after I got into a street fight once (not bragging or proud of it at all) I hit a guy multiple times on the top/side of his head and long story short I got what you call Boxers knuckle (google it). It took about a whole year before i was actually able to punch again without pain going up my arm. There really isnt much you can do besides let it heal or in bad cases surgery is required. But once it heals there are many new types of quick hand wraps that have gel and shock absorbers in them, its done wonders for cardio boxers as myself. If you are not a fan of quickwraps and want to actually wrap your hands right, look on youtube for a different way to wrap your hands with more knuckle protection. And never hit the bags bare knuckle or with out wraps and gloes, remember boxing gloves were created to protect the boxers hands not their opponents face...Ooh Rah!!!

Comment

Definitely rest and heal up first. Is it bad enough to get a doctor's check up?

Once you're ready to throw punches, at least use 180 inch mexican style handwraps. As for gloves, there really is no better choice than Winning gloves, but as everyone knows; very expensive.

A good glove alternative would be Sabas SuperSoft or Ring To Cage C17 (both are Winning inspired models).

I'm not sure what kind of issues you're having with your left hand, but for even more hand protection (especially knuckles), check out the Winning NG2 gel knuckle guards.

Comment

Do you want to HELP the PAIN or do you want the PAIN TO GO AWAY?.
                    the answer is either Voltaren or hammer.

Comment

Working...
                    X