Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bare fist punching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To hit the bag without proper protection is just stupid. If you wanna harden your knuckles you should at least wrap your hands and use thin bag training gloves. Eventually your knuckles will be hardened anyway. As for fighting bare-fisted, don't just use your hands! Knees can be very effective in a street fight...

Comment

There are proper ways to hit bare-fist. You people are acting as if bare-fist automatically messes you up. If you do it wrong then you're in trouble..

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
        There are proper ways to hit bare-fist. You people are acting as if bare-fist automatically messes you up. If you do it wrong then you're in trouble..
        Yeah like if you do somthing wrong like hitting hard bar fisted.

Comment

You gotta wear gloves and wraps, it just prevents injury and allows fight for longer. I suppose i could hit a brick wall without any real pain but its just gonna wear my knuckles down so it would be foolish.

I did a lot of Muay Thai when i was a kid and i knew guys who would beat the **** out of there shins to make them tough. All it did was give them serious problems after they stopped fighting.

If you want to train for "a real fist fight" then you should be training in boxing, because IMO its the most solid combat sport for street fighting. I'd honestly like to meet these monks with "steel fist" because personally i think its bull****, I've heard a lot of bull**** about martial arts but i'm yet to meet a black belt i couldnt beat the **** out of.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
            If you do it really hard without wraps, you'll promote bowing of the bones behind your knuckles. Its a frequent occurance by many Pro fighters that wrap their hands, imagine without wraps. That and the wrist are the main reason to wrap your hands.

Eitherway bare knuckle practice for street fight is stupid. Your adrenaline rushes in you dont feel crap anyway. Not to mention the fact most street fights dont last even 1/2 a minute.

Comment

Hitting the bag without gloves isn't good. When i do i always bust up my knuckles.

Comment

Use Thin Gloves Atleast If U Want To Make Them Hard. But Dont Ever Hit The Bag Your Hardest Cause U **** Up Ur Wrist. Start Slowly And Hit It Harder As Weeks Go By. Ive Hit Many Walls In My Time Of Anger An Have Had Very Swollen Knuckles.

Comment

maybe this link will help knuckle push ups

Comment

Why not do the old hitting sand routine like the martial artists to toughrn up your knuckles and create callouses? having hit someone hard years ago I dislodged the bone in my right hand and had to have it straightened out in casualty next morning. Not nice and not reccommended.

Cheers, Lol

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing
                      I'm not training, for a boxing match, I just want to be better in a real fist fight. I heard Chinese Monks, hit the ground 1,000 times a day (something like that), to form their fist "Steel like", thats why I'm asking.
                      well, chinse monks can't hit anywhere as hard as a boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X