Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweights: Post in here, your experience, stats, etc, goals, feel free to do w/e

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
    The reason there is so many heavyweights on here is because they are lazy, fat ****s.
    And those lazy, fat ****s would push you around the ring like you was a 2 year old boy, grow up and respect people for their skill, not their size.

Comment

obese guys do hit hard, but gas fast

Comment

tyson gassed pretty quick

Comment

Fat ****s?!

I assure you not all Super Heavyweights and Heavyweights are fat ****s!

I'm 6' 2", currently 227lbs, dropped my weight from 245lbs to get cut. I was 252lbs when I started.

I've got a long reach and decent handspeed. I've had 3 fights cancelled so far, so I still haven't had my first bout.

It's true that there are a few Super Heavyweights who are perhaps overweight rather than natural SH's but who cares if they have the skills to fight?!

I've noticed it's quite common in novices to see overweight fighters in the Super Heavyweight division who are in the process of losing weight but still take fights in the meantime until they reach their target weight which maybe in the Heavyweight Division or even Light Heavy Division.

Just to clarify

Super Heavy = 91kg +
          Heavy = 91kg [200 lbs]
          Light Heavy = 81kg [178 lbs]

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
            The reason there is so many heavyweights on here is because they are lazy, fat ****s.
            Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
            haha yeah heavyweights are fat pieces of crap usually, you hardly ever see ripped lean heavyweights (muhammad ali in his prime, prime tyson), i bet 90% of the ones on the forum are just fat ****s who cant lose some damn weight....
            How cute, p4p found a groupie.

Comment

Im 195lbs (89kg) and 6"2 dropped from around 200lbs (took me two and a half months. Only fought in the AMs and stopped fighting competitively when i went to university. A quick note about heavy weights being fat and lazy, i was the stereotypical skinny ectomorph when i was about 14. It took me about 6 years of weight and fight training to build myself up to what i consider to be my optimum fighting size. Secondly i know a lot of people in the military who weigh about 90 - 100kg and are certainly not lazy or unfit, for example can march 60km in full kit in 18 hours and can run 8 miles in 55 minutes. So it would seem as long as you train hard its all possible. I know the last part of this post is slightly off topic, but i think its important to look around at other walks of life to get inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                Most of them can probably knock your ass out with a jab, too.

For me im 6'4 245 pounds. Southpaw i can fight both side but i feel more comfortable boxing with my left behind. Had 4 amature fights when i was 18-19, im 24 now. Won the first 2 on points, the 3rd by referee stoppage. The 4 th fight was stopped because the other guy was bleeding heavily from the nose, won on points. I HATED amature boxing. I love the sport of boxing but seeing how an amature fighter can be sucessful by throwing love taps and running away from his opponents made me hate it. Plus i got into an arguement with 2 of the coaches at the gym who were trying to make me fight more often, i left the gym and there was no other boxing gym close enough to where i live so i gave up. Got myself a punching bag, double end bag, speed bag and i was just training at home.

2 years ago i started going to a mma gym, been training BJJ ever since. Added some submissions and some knees and elbows to my game but my best tool is and will always be my fists. No fights yet, no plans of fighting in the near future.

In all honesty i wish i would have stuck with boxing now, even tho i hated it. I think i was pretty decent.
                haha catch me first

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                  Fat ****s?!

I assure you not all Super Heavyweights and Heavyweights are fat ****s!

I'm 6' 2", currently 227lbs, dropped my weight from 245lbs to get cut. I was 252lbs when I started.

I've got a long reach and decent handspeed. I've had 3 fights cancelled so far, so I still haven't had my first bout.

It's true that there are a few Super Heavyweights who are perhaps overweight rather than natural SH's but who cares if they have the skills to fight?!

I've noticed it's quite common in novices to see overweight fighters in the Super Heavyweight division who are in the process of losing weight but still take fights in the meantime until they reach their target weight which maybe in the Heavyweight Division or even Light Heavy Division.

Just to clarify

Super Heavy = 91kg +
                  Heavy = 91kg [200 lbs]
                  Light Heavy = 81kg [178 lbs]
                  i said USUALLY u have to admit, a fair few are.....when i got to watch and fight at local shows 9/10 guys in the 91 kg+ class are tubby and could fight at 81 or 75 kg if they trained harder, but dont get me wrong you still see some great ripped big guys, just some cant be ****ed training hard

Comment

1. Fatass
                    2. Limp Dick Son-of-a-*****
                    3. Zero Skills

Man, you ain't got **** going for you!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Shawnster View Post
                      1. Fatass
                      2. Limp Dick Son-of-a-*****
                      3. Zero Skills

Man, you ain't got **** going for you!
                      Can anyone spot an arshole?