Just my club?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my club?

Is it just my club or what...?

Whenever everyone is talking about sparring they say how it had been arranged and how they had got ready for it. In my gym you go there and the trainer picks a few people to spar that night and within about 10 mins your sparring. If the gym is dead then you usualy get to spar every night you go, if it starts getting busy you might only get to spar once a week but you'll always get on the pads. Everyone seems to make it a really serious thing. I know its serious and its important but it seems as if everyone is making it out to be a proper fight.

Dude. For your sake.

If your gym is churning out fighters like the other guy,

you might want to take a serious look at it, and consider a new gym.

When do you start sparring after how long?

Comment

Ive been sparring now for quite a long time..... you just think that because of that video..... that wasnt him training it was just him messing about. The clubs had 2 pros come out of it. Its also one of the most respected clubs in NI.

When i first went it took a while for me to start sparring because basically i was ****ter than i am now lol. But whenever you have been sparring for a few weeks its not made out to be such a big deal

Comment

I want to see a proper video of that guy on the bag..

Comment

Ok then next thursday ill put one up, as i said the gyms off for easter..... just road work to be done then and i ****ing despise road work

Comment

it would be cool to see a proper video of him..

There are other forms of cardio you can do man

Comment

First of all, the kid in your video is pretty good.

Second, I agree that all these people talking about sparring for the first time, and never getting any sparring because of this and that, sounds pretty funny. Maybe it's because gyms are run differently in the US? I doubt it though, because when I lived on Long Island for a year, I was sparring my first day in the gym, and pretty much every night after that.
              At my club, you need to express the will to want to fight, show the physical ability, and the dedication over a month or two, before I put you in with someone. But anyone not getting regular sparring after three months is either a whimp or a no show. Maybe that's the case with these guys? Go to the gym do your work, show dedication, and you will go places.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                it would be cool to see a proper video of him..

There are other forms of cardio you can do man
                Matt, I'm telling you, the kid is much better than you think. He's got more of an international amateur style, than an American pro style, but that doesn't make him suck. Look at how the eastern europeans are coming up in the pro's now.

The kid is good, and if you can't see it, then that's your inexperience showing.

Comment

yeah n e club ive been to they just treat sparring as another exercise. one place i visited threw me in after 5 minutes skipping. another place had light sparring for whoever wanted after each session. and the place im at now the members just pair up themselves and spar if they wanna. hardly n e trainers around. more of a social club really.

Comment

Working...
                  X