Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Still Gives Mayweather The Edge on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt anyone ever cares about this fight anymore.

Floyd has great fights lined up and after Pac gets past those two **** rematches....he has some interesting fights as well.

Comment

Almost nobody at any point thought any version of Pac beats a 32 year old Mayweather. The fight will be an execution at this point, Pac is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        You need to get your eyes checked, Oscar. Floyd isn't faster than Manny.
        I would take the opinion of a man who had fought both fighters.

But IMO I would say PBF is faster at throwing single punches and Manny is faster punching in combinations.

We know who De la Hoya feels would win. What are the opinions of the other 4 four fighters who has fought both?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          You need to get your eyes checked, Oscar. Floyd isn't faster than Manny.
          yeah you would know better than him, he only fought both guys.
          i'm surprised people still care about this fight after Manny looked so bad against Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
            I think it's funny that people say things like "Floyd is waiting for him to get old" and "Pacquiao is past prime now" even though Mayweather is older than him, has been less active, and is just about to get out of jail. People already have built-in excuses just in case they do square off and Mayweather embarrasses him. In my opinion it really makes no difference when they fight or could've fought. It would be the same result regardless. Mayweather is just in a different league skill-wise and would counter the **** out of Manny and then brutally knock him out. Unfortunately Bob Arum knows this very well and will never let it happen.
            it's because your stupid, lets pretend pacquiao's style isn't guns blazing and jumping all over the place, and floyds since day one wasn't/isn't, safety first, pick your shots so much he makes rounds close because he isn't throwing

pacquiao is aging faster, he's already half way to being a full shadow of his former self and a completely different fighter whereas floyd is more or less the exact same

Comment

oh behave DLH, give the edge to yourself? Maybe u could say that for the PBF fight to get a decision. But cos Pac pummelled u so badly, u only have a case for not being pummelled as ruthlessly but of course still being beaten but maybe lasting 12 rounds.
              Dont get too over entusiastic.

Comment

Faster?

Im so confused, everyone was going crazy over Pacquiaos speed... but since Bradley fight iv read loads of comments that Mayweather is faster :S

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
                  He is waiting for something........and that's the consensus amongst anyone who is a d1ckrider like yourself.

I really wish Floyd had as much belief in his abilities as fans such as yourself. Too bad he doesn't and will now use the Bradley excuse as a reason not to fight Manny.
                  Fact is ODH could've fought floyd earlier but floyd was high risk, no rewrad. Manny refused to fight floyd same as Shane.

I find it interesting that people analyze floyd's "time at the top" so carefully. Floyd gets crap for allegedly not fighting the best. But when these guys were on top they didn't fight floyd, who was p4p the best.

Why the different standards?

Comment

The hype and excitement has receded quite drastically now, 2009/2010 were the perfect years.

Comment

Don't really care for the fight anymore. With all the hype in the last few years the fight at this point would have to far exceed expectations, unfortunately it'll be a decent fight at best but a huge letdown with casual fans when all is said and done.

Comment

Working...
                      X