Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ESPN Cancel the Deal with GBP SInce ODH got the DUI?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Oscar has stated many times he didn't know fighters weren't being re-signed even after Schaefer was booted out there were months were he was asked reporters and flat out said he is still determining what the contract status is of some of these fighters.
    Oscar is an addict & was having a good time being an addict during the time this was all going on. I don't trust him to remember things he was told or to recall things he agreed to. If you've been around addicts of any substance they often have no f#cking clue what they did or didn't agree to or things they were told or not told.

Like I keep saying it could easily be that Slick Richie is a snake in the grass & took advantage of Oscar's addiction during this time for the betterment of PBC/Haymon, but I also see some logic in keeping a handshake agreement with Haymon fighters that would have otherwise left GBP for a promoter who'd agree to a handshake deal & Schaefer talked to Oscar about the situation or just made the best move he felt at the time & reported this to Oscar & Oscar being high as f#ck doesn't recall this being told or reported to him.

Even if I buy your story that Haymon would of just taken all the fighters away if Schaefer didn't do what he did the point is if Schaefer was doing his job and not making hand shake deals to plot his escape route then Haymon doesn't build up an army of fighters with no contracts that he could leverage over Golden Boy.
    Sure the story works itself out differently if Slick Richie doesn't work with Haymon & the exodus would have been more on & off, but ultimately its the same outcome. And the leverage situation didn't work anyway since Oscar turned down the $100M(?) offer to sell GBP.

Again no promoter operates like this with their own home grown fighters
    I don't deny this isn't usually the case, but lets not act like Haymon is the usual manager either or that he didn't play some part in the decisions his fighters made in general & with fight/fight offers. And Haymon has played hardball with big players in the sport before, HBO most notably, & with Haymon's army of fighters its better to work with him than against him as Slick Richie did.

I mean look at GBP right now. Its a one man show & back a couple years ago when Slick Richie was running things imagine if they were only a one man show when Canelo wasn't even as big as he is now after a Haymon fighter exodus for giving them a re-sign or look elsewhere for fights offer as you are suggesting. Things wouldn't have been even more bleak looking back than without Haymon fighters than they are now (although to be fair things are looking better in the last week with the ESPN2 deal that will help grow his young talent which he has a lot of).

Comment

• I don't care what Oscar is he owns the company, schaefer worked for him and went off the reservation doing shyt no ceo for any promotion company would do with all their fighters and something his boss wasn't cool with. Schaefer doesn't talk about it because there is nothing he can say to look good. Only story we have is Oscars and after schaefer got booted the contract situation backed up his side of the story, contracts were a mess about half the roster wasn't properly signed that's a fact. Why would Oscar lie about not knowing what schaefer is doing? That don't make sense if that's how you wanted your company run and these moves are signed off by you you don't get upset, fire and take legal action against your one time friend and ceo. Schaefer was working for golden boy but was acting in haymons best interest and not the owner of golden boy and the arbitrator clearly thought schaefer phuked up enough to the point that a big settlement check was slid to Oscar because of the whole mess.
      Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-27-2017, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Schaefer doesn't talk about it because there is nothing he can say to look good.
        Schaefer doesn't talk about it because it went to arbitration & he could be sued for talking about it publicly. Oscar talks about it at risk of being sued. Thats how arbitration works typically. And Schaefer is a smart mfer who knows the law & Oscar is high & doesn't think about an L he can take for being a dummy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Schaefer doesn't talk about it because it went to arbitration & he could be sued for talking about it publicly. Oscar talks about it at risk of being sued. Thats how arbitration works typically. And Schaefer is a smart mfer who knows the law & Oscar is high & doesn't think about an L he can take for being a dummy.
          Before arbitration he didn't talk and like you said Oscar told his side before and after and hasn't been sued. Never acused him of not being smart I acused him of being a dirtbag snake who stabbed his friend and owner in the back. And if he's as smart as we both think he is then he knows you don't operate on hand shakes you get everything signed up including a promoters most important assets the fighters. That is unless you have a failed buy out attempt and are conspiring an exist strategy.

Comment

• What people are not considering is the responsibility of a promoter. Note that the current fighter signed to GBP is avoiding the fight people want to see.

GBP went through a period where they promoted the competitive fights people wanted to see. They could do this because they could easily drop a fighter that didnt live up to the hype.

Not going to say Schaeffer acted honestly but it is a fair argument to say he balanced the risk of signing a fighter long term against the reward of promoting what is hot on a fight by fight basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              You know perfectly well what I'm talking about. Oscar doesn't even know you exist. Crawl back under your rock before you get yourself hurt.
              No I don't. If you posted on your regular account, I might.

You seem upset about this thread. Looks like most people think nothing will be done so you shouldn't be so upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                Your poll has 25 votes to do NOTHING and no other option has more than 1 vote.

If this isn't a troll thread then what is it?
                The results of the poll don't make it a troll thread dude. Had I not included nothing then you'd have a point. I made it the #1 choice and gave everyone honest context.

You have taken this question extremely personally and made way more of it then others. Absolutely no reason for that.

Comment

• DUI is not grounds for a contract cancelation that generates millions and millions of revenue.

Would the Patriots cut Tom Brady if he got a DUI. He'll, the 49ers put up with two DUIs recently from Aldon ****ing Smith.

Act like you know!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    DUI is not grounds for a contract cancelation that generates millions and millions of revenue.

Would the Patriots cut Tom Brady if he got a DUI. He'll, the 49ers put up with two DUIs recently from Aldon ****ing Smith.

Act like you know!
                    Millions in revenue?

Oscar is that you smoking crack?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
                      Millions in revenue?

Oscar is that you smoking crack?

Comment

Working...
                      X