No announcement yet.

Did Collazo beat Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Collazo beat Hatton?

As a challenger I felt Hatton didn't do enough. I do believe Collazo nicked it. Wasn't like a Cloud-Campillo or Sturm-De La Hoya, but I did feel Luis should've gotten it.
    Yes
    62.86%
    No
    37.14%

I thought the k/d was the difference, Hatton taking it by a point but I wouldn't argue with anyone who felt Collazo won, razor-close fight.

Hatton wasn't a welterweight.

Comment

I had Hatton edging it.

Comment

Hatton might have edged it but it kinda exposed him a little. That was the first fight where you realized his face first approach could get him hurt. Especially when Collazo wobbled him in the late rounds.

Comment

Collazo won.

Comment

I had Hatton winning by close decision.

At the time I remember most people thought Hatton won, although later in the fight he had some problems with Collazo's size and awkward southpaw style.

Collazo was not the wisest choice as Hatton's first opponent in the USA.

Comment

Could have gone either way. I had it 6-6 in rounds.

Comment

I think the Juan Urango fight was a robbery,Hatton was badly hurt and at the crucial point in the fight the ref decided it was time to tie Hattons shoe laces if I remember right

Edit:I meant Lazcano
                Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 02-08-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                  I think the Juan Urango fight was a robbery,Hatton was badly hurt and at the crucial point in the fight the ref decided it was time to tie Hattons shoe laces if I remember right
                  You must have watched a different fight.

Hatton won virtually every round against Urango.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1107637

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                    That was Juan Lazcano. Hatton looked pretty terrible in that fight but won clearly on points.

Comment

Working...
                    X