Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the Klitschko fans predicted years ago turned out to be correct.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Klitschko fans predicted years ago turned out to be correct.

They said if Wlad wasn't dominating the B level guys, the B level guys would be at the top of the division, having competitive fights and everyone would be saying how great it is.

This is exactly what's happening right now. The shit has risen to the top. We need a plunger to flush the turds like Wilder.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 03-05-2018, 03:48 AM.

B level extordinaire #1 Anthony Joshua

Comment

yeah true, i dont even think joshuas that good but hes a damn sight better than ortiz and wilder. it wasnt a great fight to watch on saturday, i like a tear up more than anyone but most of the fight was boring and the 'skills' on show was awful.

Comment

Wlad and Vitali were so head and levels above their competition that people speculated it is their competition rather than them itself being so damn skilled. And that is happening right now, can we ever believe that Wilder, Ortiz, has a shot against a 2006-2015 Wlad or 2003-2012 Vitali?

We might never had known if WIlder fought Wlad or Vitali back then in 2012 and knocked him out he would have never been one of the "top" heavies that fans are drooling of.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          They said if Wlad wasn't dominating the B level guys, the B level guys would be at the top of the division, having competitive fights and everyone would be saying how great it is.

This is exactly what's happening right now. The shit has risen to the top. We need a plunger to flush the turds like Wilder.
          Couldn't disagree more, most of Wlads reign was C and D level fighters. The only B level guys were Byrd, Haye, and Povetkin. They are all small heavies who play into the Klitschko style.

As soon as a few big men with dimensions and good ability turned up Wlad lost. You can blame it on age, but I think Wlads style was heavily geared towards beating fighters who were outsized and couldn't reach his torso and chin.

I think as a total package Wlad is better than all the current crop, but I think any one of them has the ability to beat him including Wilder. Fury was no fluke, Wlad didn't like the picture he was seeing so he couldn't reprogramme himself in the ring and go for it because that cautious style was the reason he became successful and the reason he turned his career around.

Vitali on the other hand, different kettle of fish. We can see even from the Lewis fight and the Corrie Sanders fight that he could have stood the test of time against any era head to head.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Wlad and Vitali were so head and levels above their competition that people speculated it is their competition rather than them itself being so damn skilled. And that is happening right now, can we ever believe that Wilder, Ortiz, has a shot against a 2006-2015 Wlad or 2003-2012 Vitali?

We might never had known if WIlder fought Wlad or Vitali back then in 2012 and knocked him out he would have never been one of the "top" heavies that fans are drooling of.
            First off their competition for the most part was definitely poor. There were no Wilder's, Joshua' s, Fury's during that era so it's all speculation.

Not one real boxing fan is drooling over Wilder. He is a dangerous but flawed heavyweight. An all round heavyweight will beat him, but until then he is a problem for anybody. His power is impressive, it's there for the full 12 rounds, and it's coupled with genuine handspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              Couldn't disagree more, most of Wlads reign was C and D level fighters. The only B level guys were Byrd, Haye, and Povetkin. They are all small heavies who play into the Klitschko style.

As soon as a few big men with dimensions and good ability turned up Wlad lost. You can blame it on age, but I think Wlads style was heavily geared towards beating fighters who were outsized and couldn't reach his torso and chin.

I think as a total package Wlad is better than all the current crop, but I think any one of them has the ability to beat him including Wilder. Fury was no fluke, Wlad didn't like the picture he was seeing so he couldn't reprogramme himself in the ring and go for it because that cautious style was the reason he became successful and the reason he turned his career around.

Vitali on the other hand, different kettle of fish. We can see even from the Lewis fight and the Corrie Sanders fight that he could have stood the test of time against any era head to head.
              A 41 year old Wlad almost KO'ed Joshua Imagine if it was a 30-35 year Old Wlad. HE is no different, would gotten stopped by a Prime Vitali or Wlad

Comment

First off their competition for the most part was definitely poor. There were no Wilder's, Joshua' s, Fury's during that era so it's all speculation.

Not one real boxing fan is drooling over Wilder. He is a dangerous but flawed heavyweight. An all round heavyweight will beat him, but until then he is a problem for anybody. His power is impressive, it's there for the full 12 rounds, and it's coupled with genuine handspeed.
                You can't say that. What would have the heavies be had Wlad and Vitali not dominated? They would be competitive fights and people would tune in because there aren't 1-2 guys being head and shoulders above everyone of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Wilder is no turd my friend. He would have been a difficult opponent for Klitschko at any point of his career. Just his power and heart alone would have given Wlad a run for his money. In addition, the "Bronze Bomber" has more mental toughness than you would ever know.

Comment

Spot on! I couldn't have agreed with you more.

Comment

Working...
                    X