Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious boxing thread - why did Joshua look so bad last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy is a bad style match up for Joshua. Joshua has a weak jab, and needs to fight at his own pace as others have mentioned. Also Andy has good boxing fundamentals/power/punch placement/deceptive head movement/good spacing (knows how to use distance for defense and offense)/and efficient foot movement. Andy conserves energy well with his fight style, and is great at counters due to his great hand speed, he also packs enough of a punch to hurt anyone at heavy.

Watching the fight I got the sense that Andy was setting him up as he had picked Joshua's style apart after 3 rounds. A better prepared Andy goes into the rematch and doesn't eat many big shots from Joshua. If I were Hearn I wouldn't take an immediate rematch. I would let Joshua take a hiatus and let the environment settle a bit like Tyson did (Holyfield took the title from Douglas). Let Whyte, or Wilder get the straps from Andy and then fight a few soft touches and get a mandatory with the Pulevs or Ortiz's of the world before he takes a another loss to Andy.

Yeah he may lose to Fury, Wilder, Usyk but at least he would give his career a few more fights. An immediate loss and people will crucify him as the public (who lacks knowledge of boxing) see Andy as a Butterbean type of fighter (he is clearly top 4 at heavy to me).

Comment

way back when fury un-retired I said he was the best heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
        If Ruiz had a full camp instead of taking the fight on short notice I think AJ would’ve looked sharper
        ........what?

Comment

Joshua is supposed to be European fighter. Instead it's like he tried to be slick to the US lol why's he got his hands down trying to be a counter puncher wtf? He needed to methodically walk Ruiz down as the bigger stronger man. AJ looked off from the opening bell like people have said. Something wasn't right like savid Allen said in his ifl interview response. Who taught AJ to fight in that style? He was too slow to catch counter right hand like floyd

Comment

1) He is a boxer with average talent. Technically he is very limited and his boxing IQ is poor. When he is hurt, his options are limited.

2) His build. To put it short, he is slow and clumsy. It makes it difficult for him to tie up, difficult to punch without leaving himself open, and difficult to move around with any fluidity.

3) He got greedy. He got caught trying to finish things early and points 1 & 2 were exploited.

I'm not sure he can bounce back. People say Lennox but in terms of ability & fight they are far apart.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              1) He is a boxer with average talent. Technically he is very limited and his boxing IQ is poor. When he is hurt, his options are limited.

2) His build. To put it short, he is slow and clumsy. It makes it difficult for him to tie up, difficult to punch without leaving himself open, and difficult to move around with any fluidity.

3) He got greedy. He got caught trying to finish things early and points 1 & 2 were exploited.

I'm not sure he can bounce back. People say Lennox but in terms of ability & fight they are far apart.
              Miles and miles away
              They should never mention his name with Lennox Lewis
              Or the majority of the heavyweights of today

Comment

He fought stupid way. Instead of keeping Ruiz on distance ( Klitschko boxing style), he invited him on street close fight. You are bigger, you have bigger reach, why the hell should you invite him closer? Jab him, when he tryies to move closer, clinch him. Have a patience, keep waiting on big cross shot. That is what Wladimir was doing his whole career.

He dropped Ruiz but not hurt. he thought Ruiz is done and desperately tried to finish him early. It worked against Povetkin latter in middle rounds, but not against Ruiz. Ruiz hit him with some big shots in 3. round and Joshua looked disoriented. There was no way back from here and Ruiz just kept bullying Joshua.
                Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 06-03-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

The loss reminded me of Wlad Brewster. The man took Wlads best and tired him out. They said afterwards that Wlad had some sort of episode which was hilarious. That was the low point of Wlads career.

Wlad then rejuvenated his career and became a hof fighter. Joshua will have to go that route and prove himself and keep on winning to get into the Hall.

Comment

AJ is an athlete in boxing shorts. He's not a natural boxer. Weak Jab. Weak chin. Can't fight on the inside. Unable to make changes based on what's happening in the ring. He's also quite stupid, not outside the ring, but inside the ring. He corner was throwing out ways to address Ruiz' tactics and he was asking dumb questions and not because "his brains were rattled". And Andy Ruiz is a BOXER and a FIGHTER, obviously not an athlete. Very smart, very determined, great chin, quick hands, and the fact that he looks like a chimichanga get people to underestimate him.

He is a created creature, like Frankenstein, created by Hearns to be a money mule. He had all the physical attributes...good looks, chiseled body, nice personality. Looks good on paper and in a TV interview.

Fury would have melted AJ's brains before they even got into the ring. Mentally he would have been destroyed by Fury's crazy antics. And Wilder, as poor a technician as he is, would have KO'd AJ into Bolivian.

Comment

Looked the same as he did against Povetkin, only he got the KO in that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X