Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Joshua not clearing his mandatory's quicker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Joshua not clearing his mandatory's quicker?

He had a good break after Povetkin (9 months). After losing to Ruiz he had to push back the Pulev fight for the rematch, understandable, but why did he need another 6 month break after that fight? He took zero damage and could have easily fought Pulev in late March/Early April, then gave Usyk a shot late July.

He is not Canelo, he has not been fighting professionally since a teen and had 56 fights, he does NOT need to fight every 6 months and especially not as a unified champion with mandatory obligations.... he can't pick-up and drop belts and fight in multiple weight divisions.

All I have heard this past two weeks is Hearn saying "We can pay Pulev to step aside" "Wilder should step-aside" and now it's "Usyk could be a problem".

YOU CREATED THE PROBLEM BY NOT FIGHTING AND CLEARING YOUR MANDATORY'S YOU DUMB F**K!!!

This even happened during Wilder negotiations, it was "Povetkin could be a problem".... FFS will Joshua ever not have a mandatory and a hurdle in the way of undisputed? and knowing this why is he not fighting more often KNOWING he has two guys waiting?

It's pretty obvious that Hearn is looking to keep his options open & wants to keep milking that cash cow out of every last drop.

He knows the AJ gravy train is nearly at its end.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      He had a good break after Povetkin (9 months). After losing to Ruiz he had to push back the Pulev fight for the rematch, understandable, but why did he need another 6 month break after that fight? He took zero damage and could have easily fought Pulev in late March/Early April, then gave Usyk a shot late July.

He is not Canelo, he has not been fighting professionally since a teen and had 56 fights, he does NOT need to fight every 6 months and especially not as a unified champion with mandatory obligations.... he can't pick-up and drop belts and fight in multiple weight divisions.

All I have heard this past two weeks is Hearn saying "We can pay Pulev to step aside" "Wilder should step-aside" and now it's "Usyk could be a problem".

YOU CREATED THE PROBLEM BY NOT FIGHTING AND CLEARING YOUR MANDATORY'S YOU DUMB F**K!!!

This even happened during Wilder negotiations, it was "Povetkin could be a problem".... FFS will Joshua ever not have a mandatory and a hurdle in the way of undisputed? and knowing this why is he not fighting more often KNOWING he has two guys waiting?
      Heard the main reason is , he was counselled by Hearn by the way , they are going to wait for Tyson Fury to retire
      Then they can accuse another boxer of not wanting the fight
      Only difference is this time it will be 200 million

Comment

Matchroom's obsession with stadium fights is the reason 'I am bored of stadium fights, just make the fights in a boxing arena etc'

Match-room has two obsessions, Stadium fights and the song Sweet Caroline.

Comment

they didnt sign the pulev fight until a week or so after fury/wilder 2.

i suspect that any good promoter would do that, because if they saw any vulnerabilities that they could capitalise on theyd sign the fury/wilder winner asap. fury looked hot-chit in that fight and is best to be avoided for a bit longer (which is the conclusion ajs team/promoter would have came to).

aj has done a great job at fighting high-ranked opposition his entire career and barring furys win over klitschko and wilder aj has an insane and possibly best resume at hw (except for fury perhaps). he basically matches furys win with his own over klitschko and although he didnt overthrow wilder he has a whos who of names on his record.

so looking forward to aj/fury and wilder/aj. those two fights need to happen before they retire, hopefully wilder avoids the trilogy for now and builds himself back up.

Comment

Originally posted by pittapatta66 View Post

i suspect that any good promoter would do that, because if they saw any vulnerabilities that they could capitalise on theyd sign the fury/wilder winner asap. fury looked hot-chit in that fight and is best to be avoided for a bit longer (which is the conclusion ajs team/promoter would have came to).

aj has done a great job at fighting high-ranked opposition his entire career and barring furys win over klitschko and wilder aj has an insane resume at hw. he basically matches furys win with his own over klitschko and although he didnt overthrow wilder he has a whos who of names on his record.

so looking forward to aj/fury and wilder/aj. those two fights need to happen before they retire, hopefully wilder avoids the trilogy for now and builds himself back up.
            Joshua's win over Klitschko doesn't compare to Fury's.

Klitschko had barely lost a round in 12 years before fighting Fury, he was also active and fighting in his backyard, Fury shut him out.

AJ faced a Klitschko who had been out of the ring for 2 years, in the UK, and went absolute life and death with him, and was a few seconds away from getting KTFO.

AJ's resume is overrated.

Comment

aj has done a great job at fighting high-ranked opposition his entire career and barring furys win over klitschko and wilder aj has an insane and possibly best resume at hw (except for fury perhaps). he basically matches furys win with his own over klitschko and although he didnt overthrow wilder he has a whos who of names on his record.

Anthony Joshua is the only heavyweight who is attempting to clear out the division 'His resume displays that' Fury probably has the better wins, and should be number 1 'But I don't think he wants to clear the division out, he does not want to chase that type of greatness'.

I am neutral on both fighters, so I am not really in anyone's corner etc

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                Joshua's win over Klitschko doesn't compare to Fury's.

Klitschko had barely lost a round in 12 years before fighting Fury, he was also active and fighting in his backyard, Fury shut him out.

AJ faced a Klitschko who had been out of the ring for 2 years, in the UK, and went absolute life and death with him, and was a few seconds away from getting KTFO.

AJ's resume is overrated.
                nah man its pretty darn good, its not like hes fighting a dominic wade every second fight he is knocking out champions and worthy contenders who are world level fight after fight.

yes, he hasnt fought the other two best hws in fury/wilder but im sure they will happen, and hopefully by this year or next and not much later.

Comment

nah man its pretty darn good, its not like hes fighting a dominic wade every second fight he is knocking out champions and worthy contenders who are world level fight after fight.

yes, he hasnt fought the other two best hws in fury/wilder but im sure they will happen, and hopefully by this year or next and not much later.
                  I think deathofaclown summed up AJ's resume pretty well.

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  The truth is top 3 heavyweights don’t get beaten around the ring, round after round off a fringe contender like Ruiz. Getting wiped out with a shot like Lewis did, fair enough it could happen to anyone, but getting smashed round after round by someone like Ruiz is not really top 3 material.

Once AJ get’s relieved of those belts again, he should probably be ranked just above guys like Breazeale. Past wins over 40 year old Povetkin types shouldn’t allow you float around the top of the rankings.

It’s hard to even pinpoint an impressive AJ win yet. Is his win over Parker much good? He had to get the ref to help him beat a guy that arguably lost to Hughie Fury. Wlad was a Fury leftover. Povetkin is old and went life and death with a cruiserweight not long ago and hasn’t looked good in 5 years since he was juicing.

AJ’s resume starts looking weaker and weaker when you really talk reality. Especially in contrast to Fury ending reigns of long standing champs and guys considered at the top of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Anthony Joshua is the only heavyweight who is attempting to clear out the division 'His resume displays that' Fury probably has the better wins, and should be number 1 'But I don't think he wants to clear the division out, he does not want to chase that type of greatness'.

I am neutral on both fighters, so I am not really in anyone's corner etc
                    yep same, pretty neutral i respect talent and effort.

fury has the 2 single best wins at hw in klitschko and wilder (though you COULD argue ajs klit win is superior to wilder but fury dominated).

other than those two wins fury has though, aj has been on a tear and as you said, he is clearing out the division. aj probably has the 3rd to 10th best wins at hw with all the names he is taking, im genuinely impressed.

pulev is actually a good fighter and pretty sure he only has 1 loss to klit

Comment

Working...
                    X