Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Tabs Tyson Fury as "The Best Heavyweight of Our Era"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker Tabs Tyson Fury as "The Best Heavyweight of Our Era"

Former WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker believes Tyson Fury is the best heavyweight of our era.' Parker is friends with Fury and has helped the 'Gypsy King' when it comes to training. Parker often stays and trainer in Las Vegas, where Fury held his last three bouts. Fury's last four bouts have taken place in the United States.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kinda crazy to think how far Fury has come when you consider how he looked as a prospect.

As a prospect, there wasnt much hype around fury, if at all, not in the states at least.

One time he uppercut himself and turned into a laughing stock. Not many people took him seriously as a fighter.

Nobody expected Fury to accomplish this much.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Kinda crazy to think how far Fury has come when you consider how he looked as a prospect.

As a prospect, there wasnt much hype around fury, if at all, not in the states at least.

One time he uppercut himself and turned into a laughing stock. Not many people took him seriously as a fighter.

I recall a bit different , I remember watching his U.S MSG debut and reading about how good he was like AJ he almost bottled it with Cunningham . I actually think he was stunned more then the Wilder fight but he wasn’t as experienced . I think the knockdown kind of put people off but he kept going and eventually got a Klitschko fight .

Comment

Over here as well, everyone thought he was the inferior prospect compared to David Price who in fairness had more experience and a much better amateur CV. A lot of people even expected him to lose to Chisora in their first fight for the British and Commonwealth titles, I laid a grand on Fury at 11/10 that week.

Comment

Yes, if by “our era” you mean crap competition and rampant PEDs usage.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Over here as well, everyone thought he was the inferior prospect compared to David Price who in fairness had more experience and a much better amateur CV. A lot of people even expected him to lose to Chisora in their first fight for the British and Commonwealth titles, I laid a grand on Fury at 11/10 that week.
            Haha good sht! I was going to mention the same.

Clearly, Tyson fury fooled many people. Had somebody claimed he would beat Klit back in 2009-2011, they would have got laughed at. Tyson fury really surprised me over the years.

I remember when he faced Chisora, i was on Championleague prediction league and deep gambling in Boxing..

I cant remember exactly why I decided to pick Fury but I put $500 on him to beat Chisora by Dec and when it happened, I became an instant fan lol.

I can trust a fighter like Fury. I feel very comfortable wagering on a fighter like him.

Comment

Haha good sht! I was going to mention the same.

Clearly, Tyson fury fooled many people. Had somebody claimed he would beat Klit back in 2009-2011, they would have got laughed at. Tyson fury really surprised me over the years.

I remember when he faced Chisora, i was on Championleague prediction league and deep gambling in Boxing..

I cant remember exactly why I decided to pick Fury but I put $500 on him to beat Chisora by Dec and when it happened, I became an instant fan lol.

I can trust a fighter like Fury. I feel very comfortable wagering on a fighter like him.
              I’ve backed Fury a a couple of times, I backed him big against Klitschko at 7/2, put £2000 along with my friend who was super confident he had the style to beat Wlad.

I wouldn’t have predicted he would be capable of that back in 2009-11 though, I think Fury really matured as a fighter around 2014. The Chisora rematch showed just how much he’d improved.

I remember he was also 5/2 against Haye, I was buying a house at the time and had around 90k in my savings, I was debating putting 10k on Fury, and was absolutely gutted when Haye pulled out.

I never backed him against Wilder though, he was around Even money as well but I just didn’t have the confidence he could avoid that right hand for 12 rounds, all I did was pick him to win on Pick Em.😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                I’ve backed Fury a a couple of times, I backed him big against Klitschko at 7/2, put £2000 along with my friend who was super confident he had the style to beat Wlad.

I wouldn’t have predicted he would be capable of that back in 2009-11 though, I think Fury really matured as a fighter around 2014. The Chisora rematch showed just how much he’d improved.

I remember he was also 5/2 against Haye, I was buying a house at the time and had around 90k in my savings, I was debating putting 10k on Fury, and was absolutely gutted when Haye pulled out.

I never backed him against Wilder though, he was around Even money as well but I just didn’t have the confidence he could avoid that right hand for 12 rounds, all I did was pick him to win on Pick Em.😂😂
                I should have bet on the Wlad fight but i didnt touch it. Wife just had our first baby at the time and my mind was elsewhere lol.

I would have totally been cool with you putting 10Gs, even more!

I was so sure that fury was going to utilize his size and bully his way in Haye’s ass like he did with Cunningham.

That fight was gonna be a demolition too bad it didnt come through.

Against Wilder, I backed Fury the first time and second time I was even more confident. I just didnt expect the KO but no doubt about a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                  Yes, if by “our era” you mean crap competition and rampant PEDs usage.
                  Cause HW’s of past era’s weren’t all doping.😂😂

He’s the best HW since Lennox Lewis...

Comment

I would rather Joseph Parker had chosen a clean fighter as the Best Heavyweight of our era as opposed to known juicer, cheater and doper who pops dirty for PED abuse.

Comment

Working...
                    X