No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever had "sleep paralysis"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    it never happened to me after i woke up, it only happens to be before i fall asleep. The first time was really the worst experience of my life because i've never heard of sleep paralysis before and i thought i was slowly dying, i was a teenager and i cried like a b1tch for a while afterwards. It was really terrifying.

it became a regular thing in my life unfortunatley since then, i get this like 2 times a week now but i deal with it better now because i know what it is and that's it's gonna go away soon. But even after living with this for 10+ years now and being able to deal with it, i still dread it and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    I don't understand what you mean.

Sleep paralysis is when you have woken up mentally but your body hasn't woken up with it and is paralysed.

So what is yours??

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      I don't understand what you mean.

Sleep paralysis is when you have woken up mentally but your body hasn't woken up with it and is paralysed.

So what is yours??
      You're in bed trying to fall asleep, and after a while you feel completely paralyzed, you're not asleep, you're actually perfectly awake, you can move your eyes, but u can't speak or move or even breathe, then of course you start panicking and there's nothing you can do about it. After like 20 seconds it goes away and you actually start feelig the nerves in your body starting to work again.

Some people have it like that, some get it while waking up. Either way it's a terrifying experience that you should be very glad you don't have to deal with regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
        It should be called "waking up paralysis" which is more accurate.

I've had it twice in my life, both times I was sleeping on my back which I refuse to do now.

First time I woke up, couldn't move and my sheets fell off me but it seemed like something pulled them off. It took me ages to be able to move my arm and switch the light on behind me on the wall.

Second time it happened I felt like there was an animal like a dog or cat at the side of my bed, walking around. again it took me like 90 seconds to be able to just sit up in bed.

It ****s you up because you just cannot move even though you are trying with all your might.

Some people get it all the time but I've only ever had it twice, a few years apart.
        I've had it a few times I was really stressed out and sleep deprived. 3 really vivid times I remember it was pretty much all in my head imaginary visions like something out of a horror movie that was in no way real.

One time I felt someone shoving my head into the pillow so I couldn't turn or move and I just gave in and woke up the next morning that shat was total mind***** !

I went to high school with some kids who were like really religious and went to church and bible study and they told me in their words it happens when you get out of line. So one kid was like a super christian kid and started partying, drinking, and started sleeping around and then he and she both a guy/girl started seeing demons in their bedroom at night.

It scared them straight and they stopped partying, drinking and sleeping around.

But to me that could just be like a guilty conscious right? These types of strong emotions we suppress and they show up in our dreams to really F with us???

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          I felt the presence at the end of my bed, like it was watching me. Needless to say it felt dark and evil.
          Very much so. Try fighting it and see how drained you feel afterwards. I think it is more than sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is just science trying to explain something they don't understand. Something else is going on here. Something evil. I try to speak whenever this happens but can't utter a word.

Hear how I know it is something more than sleep paralysis---me and my girl was just chilling in bed one time on our backs, when the very same feeling came over us, simultaneously, similar to the onset of "sleep paralysis"; we both looked at each other and said, "what the fook was that?" We were shook, bro.
          Last edited by megas30; 02-15-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            You're in bed trying to fall asleep, and after a while you feel completely paralyzed, you're not asleep, you're actually perfectly awake, you can move your eyes, but u can't speak or move or even breathe, then of course you start panicking and there's nothing you can do about it. After like 20 seconds it goes away and you actually start feeling the nerves in your body starting to work again.

Some people have it like that, some get it while waking up. Either way it's a terrifying experience that you should be very glad you don't have to deal with regularly.
            I understand what you mean now.

Either way, it's quite simply horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              I felt the presence at the end of my bed, like it was watching me. Needless to say it felt dark and evil.
              JimRaynor this is the experience you had

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84J7YYbT9vI

Lots of people have had that happen

Google it

Comment

Yes i did get it. Once i think i was on my way to get it i heard a ringing noise in my ears i was kind of inviting it to happen but then i got scared and bailed out. I've had night terror though multiple times, it's like a nightmare except you're physically moving around and awake. It can manifest itself in different ways: you think there are bugs on your bed, someone is chasing you, you think you're locked in a container and try opening the window to get out etc.

Comment

It's the same mechanism in your body that keeps you from acting out physically in your dreams. when it fails, you sleep walk/talk, when it fails to do a timely shutdown, you lie there awake and paralyzed.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    Very much so. Try fighting it and see how drained you feel afterwards. I think it is more than sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is just science trying to explain something they don't understand. Something else is going on here. Something evil. I try to speak whenever this happens but can't utter a word.

Hear how I know it is something more than sleep paralysis---me and my girl was just chilling in bed one time on our backs, when the very same feeling came over us, simultaneously, similar to the onset of "sleep paralysis"; we both looked at each other and said, "what the fook was that?" We were shook, bro.
                    I did research on it, and they talk about it all the way back to the Babylonian times, which is like 3000+ years ago. This happened to me after a heavy night out of drinking with friends. Waking up in the middle of the night not being able to even turn my head while fear grips you because you can feel something evil watching you at the edge of your bed definitely goes beyond just an ordinary explanation of sleep paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      I have it all the time. In Jamaica, people say it is ghosts. I used to believe it, because it does look and feel like someone is holding you down. One time, I swear my girl came and sat at the side of our bed staring at me, however, she was still in the shower. It is a frightening experience, every time.
                      All the time.... I tell my buddy a psychiatrist aka medical doctor not a bubble gum type psychologist ... he said. No he admitted he has them to... a pre glimpse into the afterlife ????

If I am crazy.... I get well compensated for it.

I like math problems. Avoidance stuff. But I really like math problems....

Spirituality. Is something I cannot measure, quantify, abstract and observe ... at a distance

I wrote and posted about Seki gahara just 30 km from Nagoya where many men fought and died I’d a Japanese civil war...

I am not crazy... but many fools say I am and they never ever put themselves in that road less traveled

Peace be upon you always.

Comment

Working...
                      X