No announcement yet.

Newbie question: motion sickness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question: motion sickness

Hi boxing enthusiasts! I started my training couple of months (9 to be exact) ago and it is all great! Only one concern: when circling in one direction around an oponent (eyes locked on the target) ... after a while I start to be dizzy and quickly feel debilitating motion sickness (no concussion related, as no blows to the head. It is due to moving (spinning) background... (have the same experience from VR, carousels or just spins).

I am trying to fight this weakness since being a kid (now I am almost 40) but no good...

Does anyone experience the same? Is there any other way to avoid it or fight it besides being tough (īcouse this didīt work for me yet ?

Thx for any advice / support or laugh

PS.: English is not my maternal language so hope you understand what I am trying to articulate

are you sure it's not something mental?

Comment

You're weak, nothing can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mene View Post
        Hi boxing enthusiasts! I started my training couple of months (9 to be exact) ago and it is all great! Only one concern: when circling in one direction around an oponent (eyes locked on the target) ... after a while I start to be dizzy and quickly feel debilitating motion sickness (no concussion related, as no blows to the head. It is due to moving (spinning) background... (have the same experience from VR, carousels or just spins).

I am trying to fight this weakness since being a kid (now I am almost 40) but no good...

Does anyone experience the same? Is there any other way to avoid it or fight it besides being tough (īcouse this didīt work for me yet ?

Thx for any advice / support or laugh

PS.: English is not my maternal language so hope you understand what I am trying to articulate
        Just checking, are you always circling same way as in clockwise/anti clockwise?

Comment

My first guess would be a breathing inconsistency.
          Dizziness while on the move can be a lack of oxygen!
          Concentrate on your breathing making sure your intake and release is consistent.

Ray.

Comment

No, but the effect comes after few circles of the spec. direction

Comment

Thank you, Ray! Will focus on it ...

Comment

Working...
              X