Turning 30 Years of Age, A Wake Up Call For Many People

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Schiet, what's wrong with that

If I was gonna make fun of you, it would be about your fantasy football team. Although that'd probably be out of frustration for also not making the playoffs.
    I didn't make it? Crap, that sucks, it's a 16 team league and I didn't make it

Those 2 weeks that I went with no phone or internet messed me up I bet?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I didn't make it? Crap, that sucks, it's a 16 team league and I didn't make it

Those 2 weeks that I went with no phone or internet messed me up I bet?
      Yeah probably, hard to say w/o more context.

Also like me you logged a loss to Butler

via GIPHY

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Yeah probably, hard to say w/o more context.

Also like me you logged a loss to Butler

via GIPHY

Butler caught me when Brady was in his BYE week. He got lucky.

Comment

I'm fine now at 28 and hopefully will be better at 30, knock on wood. My goal was to have nice paychecks before 30 and I have that now. I don't live above my means or anything like that, or spend money like crazy. I'm good.
          Right there is one of the biggest problems with people. Keeping up with the Joneses. I been a minimalist since I turned 30. I know exactly where every cent of my money goes. I was such a f**k up in my 20s I would light $50 bills on fire...

Comment

I wish..god that would be nice, that would be like $9k a month net pay. It's biweekly though, so it's around $4500 monthly net pay. Which is fine too, Ohio is a cheap place to live in.

Public servant in State of Ohio.

This job is just to get my feet wet though, in 2-3 years I want to move to another higher paying job. If this new bill that House wants to pass that cancels out student loan forgiveness program for public servants, i'm going to need like the highest possible paying job to get rid of my student loans without stress.
            That's really good if you're in Ohio, I thought you were in NYC.

What do you do, or would you rather not say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
              Good advice right here. Societies stereotypical life stages especially in terms of relationship status – is becoming conflicted in this era. Whilst there’s still a lot of peer pressure and social norms around being in a stable relationship and moving towards a new immediate family, it’s also increasingly common not to be so. There’s pro’s and cons on both sides. It’s eroded loyalty a bit as people pick up people and put them down too easily.

I’ve definitely got more £’s in my pocket and less aggro with no relationship or kid ties at 34, and have no problems picking up chicks. But it’s a funny ol game out there, and it’s easy to become disillusioned with male friends being happy as ever one minute but many having their lives and bank balance ****ed through failed relationships and becoming weekend Dads. Just make the best of whatever your situation is. Be pleased with your lot, it’s easy to forget how much better that is compared to most out there. There’s no wrong or right and it’s often just a case of peers wanting what the other has and vice versa.
              Yeah its BS. I would get a lot of pressure from my relatives on Thanksgiving and Xmas since most of my cousins got married young and had kids. But I was like F that, I was still smashing chicks and catching that 2nd wind lol.

My aunts would be like when you going to settle down? I was like what and end up divorced like your ass stuck at home always drinking alone on Saturday night? Umm hell to the no Auntie!

Here in California there are strict labor laws that prohibit discrimination against someone for being married or single or whatever. So they aren't allowed to ask it and if they do we can literally sue them.

I think the reality is no one really wants to be alone, I mean thats a frightening thing to grow old and die alone or even being alone and lonely in your 30's and 40's.

Everyone should date as much as they can. Cut as many honeys as you can. When you find a decent hard working wifey type girl then settle down and live together for a long time.

If you can't live together then you sure as hell aint gonna end up married for very long.

Me and my chick are cool. There is drama like everyone else but I travel so much for work now that I get to dodge a lot of the BS. I actually think its one of the reason why we work.

But yeah live with your girl for as long as you can 5 to 10 years if you still good, go get common law and nothing more!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                Very good. That was their plan. They put that in your head and it worked. Now if you had no plan and didn't know what to do, I'm pretty sure they had a back up plan or two but they didn't need it.
                Tough love, that’s how my grandfather taught me how to swim too lol. The old school way threw me in to the deep end of the pool.
                I feel like every generation should progress more than the last generation. My Grandparents brought my parents from a small third world country In South America called Guyana. My Parents raised my si kings and I in the ghetto. Now I’m raised ng my children In The suburbs.
                Hopefully my Grandchildren will grow up in a mansion or at least an even bigger house.

Comment

I’m noticeably less of a f*** up now I’m in my 30s. Partied my 20s away, hit 28/29, realised I wasn’t getting wanted out of life any more so grew and changed. Best thing about hitting 30 and beyond is gaining the confidence to stop giving a single toss what anyone else thinks of you. The two females I live with are literally the only ones whose opinion matters a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    You bull**** through all of your 20's thinking you are going to be rich before you are 30 and then 30 hits and you are still living at home with your parents working a menial job driving a 2001 honda civic with an augmented exhaust that screams I'm broke whenever you pass even a meager establishment.

They say 30 is a turning point for many people since the age is such a milestone in terms of where a person expects to be in life. A lot of people do drastic things at the turn of their third decade, like get married, buy a house, finally invest in that business they have been threatening of doing for the past 5 years, etc...

Did you guys experience similar feelings when the big 3-0 was around the corner? Or did you continue on with what you were doing when you still had a 2 in front of your age?
                    Keep buying dem lottery tickets.

So you just turning 30.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
                      I’m noticeably less of a f*** up now I’m in my 30s. Partied my 20s away, hit 28/29, realised I wasn’t getting wanted out of life any more so grew and changed. Best thing about hitting 30 and beyond is gaining the confidence to stop giving a single toss what anyone else thinks of you. The two females I live with are literally the only ones whose opinion matters a dime.
                      Who are they?

Comment

Working...
                      X