Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson vs Prime Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Joe Frazier wouldn't beat Mike Tyson, its just so blatantly obvious that he stands no chance against Tyson.
    This fight is a mismatch.

Lets say David Tua vs Joe Frazier, maybe that's a bit fairer but even at that I still think Tua would bowl Frazier over in a good couple of barrages of punches.

Comment

i would hate to see tyson land that vicious uppercut under joe's bobbing head. that's some nasty KO.

Comment

tbh this would be straight domination by tyson, in the vein of foreman/frazier

Comment

Tysonites and Frazier haters are on the force in this thread I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            i would hate to see tyson land that vicious uppercut under joe's bobbing head. that's some nasty KO.
            In addition to being slower and sloppier than Tyson, Joe was also very vulnerable to uppercuts. Tyson was practically tailor made to walk through slowkin joe.

Even the one thing that keeps Tyson down in nearly all "fantasy" fights (his tiny size) is null here, where he is the bigger stronger man with vastly superior conditioning.
            Last edited by ////; 11-13-2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              The 1988 Tyson would beat any heavyweight in history
              NO ......just no.....Tyson faced the worst opposition in history is why is overrated so much. not saying he isnt good. but his opponents except for lewis and holyfield was the worst heavyweight roster in history lmao.

Even tyson has said he doesnt stand a chance against someone like ali . The difference with tyson and fighters like ali and frazier is that ali was the golden era

Comment

Tyson by demolition.

total mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by BronzeBomber View Post
                  NO ......just no.....Tyson faced the worst opposition in history is why is overrated so much. not saying he isnt good. but his opponents except for lewis and holyfield was the worst heavyweight roster in history lmao.

Even tyson has said he doesnt stand a chance against someone like ali . The difference with tyson and fighters like ali and frazier is that ali was the golden era
                  After Lennox Lewis, both Klitschko's and Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, both in my judgement and mathematically (win/loss recods of Mike, his opponents and his opponents opponents and the weight of his opponents all combined, a total quality assessment) he comes in next.

That's right, I think Tyson fought the 5th best competition of all HW boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by BronzeBomber View Post

I wouldn't go that far, yeah Tyson's original run didn't have great opponents (case can be made for Spinks) but Tyson was just ferocious, this is where the eye test comes in. Not just records and stats but what you actually see, fast, aggressive, great defence, amazing power...although when guys managed to box with him, stay away from his power and keep the distance, Tyson did wilt over the distance.

That's where Joe comes in, guy could go full pelt for 15 rounds in his prime, had immense power of his own, darn good chin and the heart of a champion. For me, Tyson's heart always lost out when the going got too tough, he wilted physically and psychologically, the sign of a bully. But Tyson was the better combination puncher and if Joe stayed in there too long, didn't move enough and tried to get him out, he'd get caught and hurt.

I reckon its a 60-40 in favour of Joe but if Tyson lands enough he can take Frazier out late.

Comment

Originally posted by abdelfadeel View Post
                      Tyson would gas against frazier's relentless body attack. everything Holmes did, Ali did better. Based on your speculation and nothing more
                      I don't much care for your Holmes/Ali comparison on this thread so we'll leave that but..

"Tyson gasses against Frazier's body attack"

AAAAHahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, right, sure. Joe is just gonna roll right up close to Tyson, bob his head down and start winging those slowkin weak ass hooks into the thick slabs of body muscle on Mike whilst he stands there making no attempt to fight back until he's worn down.

Likely story mate!

Comment

Working...
                      X