How much credit does Spence get for facing Mikey.. scale of 1-10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. It's a terrible fight

Comment

Same credit that Canelo, GGG, and Floyd get for their wins over Khan, Brook and Marquez.

Comment

On a scale of 1-10; I'll have to give him a 10. After all, he is still relatively green and is challenging a man who is more skilled, fundamentally sound and more experienced than himself. Moreover, it was not a fight that he wanted. He was cherry picked by Mikey Garcia; The man who called him out in the first place.

Comment

I'd give him a 7. Mikey is at least as hard to beat as a top 5 welterweight like Porter, Danny Garcia or Pacquiao would be. Spence knocking out undefeated highly rated pfp Mikey should earn him just as much credit as knocking out Porter in my opinion. As for this huge weight advantage Spence is supposed to have, it isn't there. Mikey weighed 149 on fight night for Easter. Spence weighed 156 on fight night for his last fight. That's only 7 pounds difference and Mikey will be heavier yet for Spence. As for moving up two weight classes that's not true either. Mikey beat the hell out of top 10 welterweight Broner in a 140 pound fight and Mikey won a world title at 140. Beating Mikey is no walk in the park for any welterweight. As for raising Spence higher on my pfp top 10 list if he beats Mikey my answer is no because I already have Spence so near the top. I think Spence would beat Crawford so I have him rated above Crawford pfp. MAN DOWN!

Comment

I say 5 to 6 Garcia is a top notch p4p fighter gold power great iq and boxing ability but to small for that weight

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              On a scale of 1-10; I'll have to give him a 10. After all, he is still relatively green and is challenging a man who is more skilled, fundamentally sound and more experienced than himself. Moreover, it was not a fight that he wanted. He was cherry picked by Mikey Garcia; The man who called him out in the first place.
              Yes, I agree with you. I am changing my 7 and giving Spence a 10 for winning if he knocks him out and that is the way Spence always wins. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Honestly, this is the dumbest fight since GGG-Brook and Canelo-Khan.

I can't picture Mikey winning this if he carries a gun into the ring.

It seems like a way to avoid Loma to be honest. I mean, really, why not fight Loma in the spring first while you have the unbeaten record and the momentum? Would have had a total unification too.

This whole thing is stupid and honestly, I thought it was a joke when I first heard it.

I still think it's a joke now but unfortunately, it might really happen.

If Mikey gets a serious beating, I think he deserves it.

There are challenges and then there is just stupidity.

This is stupidity.

Comment

I don't like the fight but I can't hate on Spence for taking it because it's Mikey who has been barking for awhile at the tree...the wrong one it would seem!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I'd give Mikey a lot more for taking the risk, its a big mismatch imho.
                    Spence is way too big and even if he wasn't I feel he'd win anyway.
                    Why? He's in a win win situation. He has nothing to lose cause nobody expects him to win. If he doesn't win...who cares "Spence was too big"..."Mikey is not a welterweight". A loss won't damage his reputation at all. All the pressure will be on Spence. Mikey has nothing to lose and everything to gain so it's a good fight for him.

Comment

I already see Mikey curling up in a ball from a body shot and not getting up. Weight divisions exist for a reason. Not hating if Spence does take that fight but I don't want it to happen. It diminishes the potential of Loma vs Garcia match up if Mikey gets beat into pulp for 10 rounds and gets stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X