Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit does Spence get for facing Mikey.. scale of 1-10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To casuals, 0. To a true fan of the sport, and not just individual fighters, it's a 10. SRL vs Haggler. except Mikey Has a REAL chance of winning. He also has a real chance of getting KO'd. Both have balls to accept this fight

Comment

0 credit...it's a **** fight period. Massive props to Mikey though if he does actually go through with it. Best case scenario for him, we may get a Morales-Maidana type of fight in which he lasts the distance and does surprisingly well, but loses and gets busted up in the process.

More likely though, he'd get whooped the way Khan, Brook and Rigo all did.

Comment

Spence gets no credit for ducking Crawford.

Comment

There are better fights out there for both guys so if this actually goes ahead it's just a little frustrating. Sure, it's kinda interesting but Canelo v Khan & GGG v Brook were kinda interesting beforehand too... but then at the end of those fights you were left thinking what was the point? This fight will be the exact same.

Comment

Spence deserves no credit because Mikey is the one taking the gamble, not Spence and that's the case with all cherry picks. The favourite deserves no credit, it's the smaller fighter taking the risk and let's be honest, it's only compelling if the underdog wins

Comment

Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
              To casuals, 0. To a true fan of the sport, and not just individual fighters, it's a 10. SRL vs Haggler. except Mikey Has a REAL chance of winning. He also has a real chance of getting KO'd. Both have balls to accept this fight
              No, one guy has balls, the other is laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Garcia's mentality is the same as Brook and Khan, "better to lose and have a good excuse than get exposed". And, no, they're not "daring to be great". **** anyone who supports this ****ty trend in boxing.

Comment

Mikey's a name. Sh^t Mikey will be the best name on Spence's resume if Spence does beat him. It's not as sexy as it could be cuz Mikey hasn't won a belt at the highly competitive 147 division. He is a 4 weight division title holder doe & I believe he's been the best guy in at least 2 of those divisions, if briefly, & maybe its more then 2 (anyone feel free to correct me if thats not right). So I think its an 7 off of the name. If Mikey was a legit 147lber with a title right now I'd probably bump it up to a 8 or 9 depending on how legit the title at 147 was & where I felt he was at ranking-wise.

Comment

during the build up to this Spence will no doubt repeat the phrase "he called me out" over and over.. does this change anything? let's say Spence was to ignore Mikey's constant callouts would he be then called a ducker? that's the only reason I'll give him a 5. what was Spence supposed to do with this smaller fighter barking his name?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Yep, I remember when Canelo vs Khan and GGG vs Brook were announced. People were criticizing them both heavily for facing smaller guys but Spence gets a pass for some reason. idk why.
                      more so because Mikey is the super aggressor who has been calling him out publicly over and over again for some time. When Mikey 1st said Spence name he paid it no mind. It did not get serious until after the Easter fight.

The khan/Canelo and brook/ggg fights came out of no where and the public perception was the bigger guys picking on the little guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X