No announcement yet.

Is Compubox Counting Holding+Punching Punches? Those are illegal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by //// View Post
    Dirty punches while tied up are factually the majority of punches landed by ward. subtract those and he lost every round in the fight by a wide margin.

That's why I don't understand how so many people call it a draw. You either count those or you don't. If you don't then kovalev easily won. if you do then ward probably had a higher total.

You can have your opinion on whether they count and who won but don't revisehow the fight actually went.

Outboxed. Knocked down. Won via racking up pittypat points while lunging in.
    If you watched the fight and saw the punches that were landing, you'd know they couldn't have been counting punches in clinches or he and Kovalev would have double the amount landed.

How can ******s like you and the thread start scream robbery when you aren't paying attention to how many punches are landing?
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 11-25-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      If you watched the fight and saw the punches that were landing, you'd know they couldn't have been counting punches in clinches or he and Kovalev would have double the amount landed.

How can ******s like you and the thread start scream robbery when you aren't paying attention to how many punches are landing?
      In that case I no longer consider it a close fight... If we aren't counting those punches then ward was thoroughly dominated in every area. Kov practically won a shutout.

(aside from a handful of crisp but harmless jabs, those inside dirty punches are all he consistently landed)

Comment

One thing is for sure, kovalev gave ward fits when they boxed in the center of the ring.
        Ward started diving in with rough house tactics like clinching , hitting low and trying to tire kovalev that way.
        It had its effects, I can see that, but I never saw ward really take control of the fight with his punches. Only the random jabs that would land clean

Hope they have a rematch, kovalev will win the rematch. Ward had no answers at length when they boxed.
        His only chance is to bore in and maul, I think kovalev be ready and counter him, knocking him down and UD him setting up a third fight

Comment

In that case I no longer consider it a close fight... If we aren't counting those punches then ward was thoroughly dominated in every area. Kov practically won a shutout.

(aside from a handful of crisp but harmless jabs, those inside dirty punches are all he consistently landed)
          You thought compubox counted punches in clinches. If you were paying attention you'd know that couldn't be true. That means your opinion is worthless garbage.

Comment

well ward did nothing when he wasn't clinching so obviously they were counting something. rules say clean punching and a lot of wards "body work" was hardly clean. lot of it was borderline or low or on the hips, back etc...not sure how you can score a round to the guy who isnt landing as cleanly or as much but they did it.

Comment

he most definitely did land a lot of shots ..most to the body

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                You thought compubox counted punches in clinches. If you were paying attention you'd know that couldn't be true. That means your opinion is worthless garbage.
                Wooo you sound like a sore loser. Ward got outboxed and dropped.

Comment

Wooo you sound like a sore loser. Ward got outboxed and dropped.
                  That's your opinion, which evidence points to being worthless.

Comment

Dirty punches while tied up are factually the majority of punches landed by ward. subtract those and he lost every round in the fight by a wide margin.

That's why I don't understand how so many people call it a draw. You either count those or you don't. If you don't then kovalev easily won. if you do then ward probably had a higher total.

You can have your opinion on whether they count and who won but don't revisehow the fight actually went.

Outboxed. Knocked down. Won via racking up pittypat points while lunging in.
                    I hardly seen illegal punches during this fight perhaps you do not know how scoring works inside the clinch : I did not see rabbit punches or deliberate low blows ( those are the punches that should not be scored as they are not within the target area )...Ward did hit Kovalev with one Kidney shot but that was as Kovalev was turning to protect himself from a possible hook.

In the early 1900's boxers would hire real wrestlers to help them train for the work inside the clinch it was and still is apart of boxing as long as you hit the target area ( legal section to land a strike the action/scoring continues until the ref stops it ) and here is a brief passage on the WBA ref manual :

It should be noted that when one of the boxers pushes his arms underneath the arms of his opponent, does not withdraw them, and his opponent then delivers blows, the Referee should not interrupt this counter attack, but rather admonish the boxer pushing his arms underneath.

In addition it is not up to the judges to deny a point unless instructed by the ref : if a judge sees a low blow he cant take a point unless the ref makes the ruling no matter how flagrant it may be nor you or I can deduct an obvious foul. So when the boxers are in the clinch regardless of who is holding the action continues and they are to score according to the target area until the ref intervenes by calling a break.

The Referee is the sole arbiter and
                    is the only individual authorized to: interpret rules and situations.

- Association of Boxing.

How many times have we heard a ref tell the boxers '' PUNCH OUT! '' the clinch? also if a fighter has one hand free he is allowed to strike.

Here you have GGG teaching Barrera how to use his head to control his opponent and also as a weapon ; deliberately explaining it to Barrera how his opponent may collide with it in a struggle...I guess that's ok when he does it.

So to sum it up you guys don't know how to score and select what you like as oppose to counting everything down the middle : I personally counted the legal punches from Kovalev despite the fact I don't like that type of fight myself...and that's one reason why I don't have Ward as my P4P.
                    Last edited by 1hourRun; 11-25-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      There is no way Andre Ward punched Kovalev 100+ times in the fight in the center of the ring.

Kov's face is completely unmarked and he's a white man. It's a fact white skin gets marked/cut easier.

This fight is a complete farce once you realize Ward's holding and hitting tactics are completely illegal. You discount those hits and the disparity is even more comical.
                      Unmarked? He was bleeding from his nose and had markings around both eyes lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X