Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body think Winky Wright is overlooked..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body think Winky Wright is overlooked..

A little in terms of recent day elite fighters?

-Beat Mosley twice
    -Shut out Trinidad with ease
    -Probably edged prime Taylor for the lineal MW title
    -Beat an ageing Ike Quartey
    -Close fight & maybe even edged Fernando Vargas!
    -Harry Simon went to a draw but overturned. Again controversial..
    -3-0 over Bronco McKart
    -Lost to Hopkins in a dirty fight at 170lbs..

That is an awesome roster?
    Last edited by 1g5a22; 09-07-2016, 09:54 AM.

Yes he is, this is the dumbest era I've ever seen in boxing though. People can't remember 4 years ago.

Comment

Does this guy ever say anything positive^^^^

Dumb? You just made a thread essentially calling the Brook/Golovkin fight racist!

Comment

He's Peter Quillin's best win

Comment

Pacquiao would have destroyed vargas, so its no wonder nobody talks about winky dinky

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            Pacquiao would have destroyed vargas, so its no wonder nobody talks about winky dinky
            A pre-Trinidad Vargas would put d forking beaten on Pacquia at 156 lbs. And don't come with that bull**** about a catch weight or a fight at welter, because Fernando Vargas never fought at Welter so if you gonna compare it would have to be at Jr,Middle wgt.

Just cause he lost to trinidad, Delahoya, Mosley, don't mean a damn thing. Pacquia would not beat a prime DelaHoya at 147, never!

Comment

Wow! This is gonna be awesome, the last time a remember a great fight at this wgt was Michael Spinks vs Dwight Braxton (Quawi) for the undisputed Title unification.

-Think Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                He's Peter Quillin's best win
                Eh, the corpse of Winky Wright is Quillin's best win.

I do think he's extremely overlooked/underhyped today. If his style was more exciting you'd see a ton of ____ vs Wright fantasy threads.

Comment

It's a shame that Winky didn't get an immediate rematch with Jermain Taylor. I remember how close their fight was, but I thought he did enough to win.

Then Winky moved up 10 lbs. to fight Hopkins for the money fight and didn't look so good. That fight was just ugly.

And it's too bad he never got the chance to fight De La Hoya. I think Winky would have beat him bad.

He's another great example of a fighter being screwed for being too good and not being a draw. He got opportunities, but only later in his career.

Comment

He kind of had minor Clottey syndrome, where he didn't quite do enough in big fights to make them clear which led to "robberies", but he was a really good fighter. Very tough to deal with and impossible to look good against.

Comment

Working...
                    X